- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Relationship between Dental Technician's Working Environment and Job Stress
치과기공사의 작업환경과 직무스트레스 관련 연구
- Kwon, Eun-Ja (Dept. of Dental Technology, Hyejeon College) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Sun (Dept. of Dental Technology, Dongnam Health College)
- Published : 2009.09.30
The purpose of this study was to analyze dental technician's job environment and job stress level and to examine its correlation. 180 dental technicians in Seoul, Incheon, and Chungnam area were selected. Survey was carried out from April 6, 2009 to May 20, 2009 by using self-administered questionnaire. The following are the analytical results in the collected data. 1. As a result of analyzing the research subjects' working environment level, there was significant difference in the item of health(P<0.05). The average in the working environment was indicated to be high with 1.53. 2. As a result of analyzing the research subjects' job-stress causing level, there was no significant item in all the variables. The average of job stress was indicated to be high with 3.44. 3. As for correlation between working environment and job stress, most of variables were indicated to have reverse correlation, thereby having been shown that the worse working environment leads to the more job stress.
Dental technician;Job environment;Job stress
- Jung YH,"Factors Impacting on the Occupa-tional Stress of Dental Technicians in Daegu Area", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Yeungnam University, pp 1-49, 2006.
- Wolf S,"Social Environment and health", Seattle, Washington Press, 1981.
- Karasek R, Brisson C, Kawakami N, Houtman I, Bongers P, Amick B, "The job content questionnaire(JCQ) : an instrument for internationally comparative assessment of psychosocial job characteristics", J Occup Health Psychol 3, pp 322-355, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/1076-8918.104.22.1682
- Lee GJ,"The actual conditions of Working Environment of Dental Laboratory", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Kosin University, 2004.
- Lee GS,"A Study on the Respiratory symptoms and Postoperative Pulmonary Ventilation Function Function test of Dental Technicians", J Korean Acad Dent Tech 15(1), pp 18-25, 1993.
- Kim UC,"Subjective Symptoms and Work-related Health Risk Factors in Korean Dental Laboratory Technicians", Dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Graduate School of Catholic University, 2000.
- Forrest WR,"Stresses and Self-Destructive Bwhaviors of Dentists", Dental clinics of North America, 22(3)SD, 361-371, 1978.
- Lee DS,"A Study on the Work Stress of Dental Technicians", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Yeungnam University, 2001.
- Ho YJ, " Study on the Work Environment and Health Condition of Dental Technicians", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 1999.
- Jung IH, "A Study on the Relationship between Dental Technician's Working Environment and Job Stress", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Kyungsan University, 2003.
- Kwon EJ, "A Study on the Work-Related Health Condition and Preventive Health Behaviour of Dental Technicians", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Dankook University, 2001.
- Yang KS, "The Relationship between Work Environment Subjective Symptoms and Practice of Health Improving Activities of Dental Technicians", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Yeungnam University, 2005.
- Lee JH, "A Study on the Work Stress, Hardiness and Burnout of Dental Technicians", Masters Thesis of Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 1999.
- A Study on the Environmental Radiation Dose Measurement in the Nuclear Medicine Department vol.11, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2118