- Volume 10 Issue 9
In the adaptable bandwidth allocation technique, a transmission plan for variable rate video data is made by smoothing algorithms such as CBA algorithm and the data is sent by the transmission plan considering network traffic. But the CBA algorithm, the MCBA algorithm, MVBA algorithm and the other smoothing algorithms produce a transmission plan where the size of the increasing interval of transmission rate is generally larger than the size of the decreasing interval. And the transmission rate in CBA algorithm, the MCBA algorithm, the MVBA algorithm is changed in overflow curve during the increasing interval of transmission rate. This may cause many frames to be discarded when available transmission rate is larger than transmission rate by the transmission plan. In this paper, the smoothing algorithm, where transmission rate is changed in the middle of underflow curve and overflow curve to decrease the number of discarded frames, but the transmission rate increases at the minimum, and the CBA algorithm, the MCBA algorithm, the MVBA algorithm are applied to a transmission plan in the adaptable bandwidth allocation technique, and the minimum frame rates, the average frame rates, the variation of frame rates, and the numbers of discarded frames are compared in among algorithms.
Smoothing;Available Network Traffic
- Wu-chi Feng, Ming Liu, "Critical Bandwidth Allocation Technique for Stored Video Delivery Across Best-Effort Network", pp.25, (OSUCISRC-8/98-TR32) Electronic report under 1998/TR32.ps
- Wu-Chi Feng, Ming Liu, "Extending critical bandwidth allocation Techniques for stored video delivery across best-effort networks", International Journal of COMMUNICATION SYSTMES Int.J.Commun.sust, 2001.
- Wu-Chi Feng, Ming Lue, Brijesh Krishnaswami, "A Priority Based technique for the Best-Effort Delivery of Stored Video", SPIE/IS&T Multimedia Computing and Networking 1999 Sanjose, California, January 1999.
- W. Feng, S. Sechrest, "Critical Bandwidth Allocation for the Delivery of Compressed Prerecorded Video," Computer Communications, Vol.18, No.10, pp.709-717, Oct 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-3664(95)98484-M
- W. Feng and J. Rexford, "Performance evaluation of smoothing algorithms for transmitting prerecorded VBR video", IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, September 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/6046.784468
- Wu-chi Feng, "A Comparison of Bandwidth Smoothing Techniques for the Transmission of Prerecorded Compressed Video", in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pp.58-66, April 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/INFCOM.1997.635114
- W. Feng, et.al., "Optimal Buffering for the Delivery of Compressed Prerecorded Video", Proc. of the IASTED/ISMM Intl Conference on Networks, January 1995.
- J.Zhang and J.Hui, "Applying traffic smoothing techniques for quality of service control in VBR video transmissions", vol.21, pp.375-389, April 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-3664(97)00170-9
- D. Le Gall, "MPEG: A video compression standard for multimedia applications", Communications of the ACM, vol.34, pp.47-58, April 1991.
- J.D. Salehi, et. al., "Supporting stored video: Reducing rate variability and end-to-end resource requirements through optimal smoothing", in Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS, pp.222-231, May 1996.
- J. D. Salehi, "Scheduling Network Processing on Multimedia and Multiprocessor Servers", Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. Massachusetts, Amherst, Sept 1996.
- 이면재, 박도순, 이준용, "가변 비트율 비디오 전송을 위한 효율적인 스무딩 알고리즘", 한국정보처리학회, 제 11-C권 제 7호, 2004.12. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTC.2004.11C.7.1009
- 이면재, 박도순, "적응형 대역폭 할당 방법을 위한 효율적인 전송 계획", 한국정보처리학회, 제 14-C권 제 3호, 2007.6 https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTC.2007.14-C.3.285
- J. McManus and K.Ross, "Video on demand over ATM:Constant-rate Transmission and Transport", in proc.of ACM SIGMETRICS, Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Journal Vol.14, pp.1087-1098, Aug 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.508280
- O.Hadar S.Greenberg, "Statistical multiplexing and admission control policy for smoothed video streams using e-PCRTT algorithm", International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing, March 2000.
- Ofer Hadar Reuven Cohen, "PCRTT Enhancement for Off-Line Video Smoothing", The Journal of Real Time Imaging. Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.301-314, June 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/rtim.2001.0229