- Volume 19 Issue 5
Quality Characteristics of Yanggeng by the Addition of Purple Sweet Potato
자색고구마를 첨가하여 제조한 양갱의 품질 특성
- Lee, Seung-Min (Dept. of Culinary & Foodservice Management, Sejong University) ;
- Choi, Yen-Jung (Dept. of Culinary & Foodservice Management, Sejong University)
- Received : 2009.08.03
- Accepted : 2009.10.15
- Published : 2009.10.31
This study was performed to investigate the quality characteristics of yanggeng added with Purple Sweet Potato. The yanggeng was prepared with purple sweet potato, Agar, Sugar and Salt. The yanggeng is made with various levels(0, 2, 4, 6, 8%) of purple sweet potato added. Hunter's color value, texture profile analysis, and sensory characteristics of purple sweet potato yanggeng were examined. The addition of purple sweet potato has tendency to decrease the water content of yanggeng. As the content of purple sweet potato increased, the lightness(L) and yellowness(b) decreased and redness(a) increased. In texture profile analysis, hardness decreased with increasing purple sweet potato content. Cohesiveness and springiness didn't showed significant differences according to amount of purple sweet potato. The results of the sensory evaluation showed that the sweetness, softness and overall acceptability were the highest scores at yanggeng containing 4% level of purple sweet potato. In conclusion, the result shows that the yanggeng with 4% of purple sweet potato is the best.
- 김희섭(2005) 조리의 과학. 도서출판 대가, 서울. pp 152.
- 신해헌(2007) 기초식품학. 도서출판 효일, 서울. pp77.
- Chun SH, Lee SU, Shin YS, Lee KS, Ryu IW (2000) Preparation of yogurt from milk added with purple sweet potato. Korean J Food & Nutr 13: 71-77.
- Han KH, Lee JC, Lee GS, Kim JH, Lee JS (2002) Manufacture and physiological functionality of Korean traditional liquor by using purple-fleshed sweet potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 673-677.
- Jang KS (1995) Making use of anthocyanins in purple sweet potatoes. Rural Life Sci 16: 26-29.
- Jeon SW, Hong CO, Kim DS (2005) Quality characteristics and storage stability of yanggaengs added with natural coloring ingredient. J Research Institute of Eng & Technol 12: 19-34.
- Joo MJ(2007) Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of black bean yanggaeng preparation. Master's Thesis Young-In University.
- Kim JH, Park JH, Park SD, Kim JK, Kang WW, Moon KD (2002) Effect of addition of various mesh sifted powders from safflower seed on quality characteristic of yangeng. Korean J of Food Preservation 9: 309-314.
- Kim SJ, Rhim JW, Lee LS, Lee JS (1996) Extraction and characteristics of purple sweet potato pigment. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 345-351.
- Kim SY, Ryu CH (1995) Studies on the nutritional components of purple sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 819-825.
- Lee JS, Jeong BC, Ahn YS, Chung MN, Kim HS (2006) Color stability according to storage period of purple sweetpotato products. Korean J Crop Sci 51: 204-208.
- Lee JW, Lee HH, Rhim JW, Jo JS (2000) Determination of the conditions for anthocyanin extraction from purple - fleshed sweet potato. Korean J Soc of Food Sci Nutr 29: 790-795.
- Lee LS, Kim SJ, Rhim JW (2000) Analysis of anthocyanin pigments from purple - fleshed sweet potato(Jami). Korean J Soc of Food Sci Nutr 29: 555-560.
- Lee LS, Rhim JW, Kim SJ, Chung BC (1996) Study on the stability of anthocyanin pigment extracted from purple sweet potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 352-359.
- Min SH, Park OJ (2008) Quality characteristics of yanggaeng prepared with different amounts of Astragalus membranaceus powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 9-13.
- Park MS, Park DY, Son KH, Koh BK (2009) A study on quality characteristics of doraji (Platydodon grandiflorum) yanggeng using by different pre-treatment methods and amounts adding levels of doraji. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19: 78-88.
- Rhim JW, Lee JW (2002) Photostability of anthocyanin extracted from purple - fleshed sweet potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 346-349.
- Song J, Chung MN, Kim JT, Chi HY, Son JR (2005) Quality characteristics and antioxidative activities in various cultivars of sweet potato. Korean J Crop Sci 50: 141-146.