- Volume 19 Issue 4
Effects of Citrus Byproduct Diet on Meat Color, Rancidity and Freshness in Korean Native Chickens during Cold Storage
감귤 부산물 급여가 냉장 중 토종 닭고기의 표면 색도, 지방산패도 및 선도에 미치는 영향
- Moon, Yoon-Hee (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Kyungsung University)
- 문윤희 (경성대학교 식품생명공학과)
- Received : 2009.04.27
- Accepted : 2009.08.06
- Published : 2009.08.31
The effects of feeding citrus byproducts on the quality of Korean native chickens were investigated during cold storage. Two samples of Korean native chickens (39 weeks old,
- Bampidis VA, Robinson PH (2006) Citrus by-products as ruminant feeds: A review. Anim Feed Sci Technol 128: 175-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2005.12.002
- Blois MS (1958) Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 26: 1199-1200.
- Buege AJ, Aust SD (1978) Microsomal lipid peroxidation, In Methods in Enzymology, Gleischer, S. and Parker, L. (ed.), pp. 302-310. Vol. 52, Academic Press Inc., New York.
- Dugan MER, Aalhus JL, Jeremiah LE, Kramer JKG, Schaefer AA (1999) The effect of feeding conjugated linoleic acid on subsequent pork quality. Can J Anim Sci 79: 45-51. https://doi.org/10.4141/A98-070
- Greene BE, Hsin I, Zipser MW (1971) Retardation of oxidative color changes in raw ground beef. J Food Sci 36: 940-945. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1971.tb15564.x
Guengerich FP, Kim DH (1990) In vitro inhibition of dihydropyridine oxidation and aflatoxin
$B_1$activation in human liver microsomes by naringenin and other flavonoids. Carcinogenesis 11: 2275-2279. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/11.12.2275
- Jung IC, Yang JB, Moon YH (2008) Effects of feed containing citrus byproducts on the physio-chemical characteristics and palatability of Korean native chickens. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 524-530.
- Jung IC, Yang SJ, Moon YH (2007) Feeding effects of citrus by-product TMR forage on the nutritional composition and palatability of Hanwoo loin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 578-583. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.5.578
- Kim JS, Kim TY, Kim SB (2006) Evaluation of the storage characteristics of Kangjung added with gromwell extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 791-800. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.6.791
- Korean Food & Drug Administration (2002) Food code. pp. 212-251. Munyoungsa, Seoul.
- Lawrie R (1985) Packaging resh meat. In Development in Meat Science, Taylor, A. A.(eds), Elsevier Applied Science Publisher, p 89.
- Moon YH (2008) Effects of feeding citrus byproducts on pork quality during cold storage. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 633-640.
- Nottingham PM (1982) Microbiology of carcass meat. In Meat Microbiology, Brown MH ed., Applied Science Publishers Ltd. London. p 13.
- Sohn JS, Kim MK (1998) Effect of hesperidin and naringin on antioxidative capacity in the rat. Korean J Nutr 31: 687-696.
- SPSS (1999) SPSS for windows Rel. 10.05. SPSS Inc., Chicago, USA.
- Wrolstad RE, Acree TE, Decker EA (2005) Handbook of food analytical chemistry: pigments, colorants, flavor, texture, and bioactive food components. John Wiley & Sons Inc, New Jersey, USA.
- Yang SJ, Jung IC, Moon YH (2008) Effects of feeding citrus byproducts on nutritional components of Korean native chickens. Korean J Life Sci 18: 1369-1376. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2008.18.10.1369
- Yang SJ, Koh SM, Yang TI, Jung IC, Moon YH (2006) Feeding effect of citrus byproduct on the quality of cross-bred black pig in Jeju island. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 897-902. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.7.897
- Yang SJ, Song JY, Yang TI, Jung IC, Park KS, Moon YH (2005) Effect of feeding of Unshiu orange byproducts on nutritional composition and palatability of crossbred pork loin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 1593-1598. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.10.1593
- Yokozawa T, Chen CP, Dong E, Tanaka T, Nonaka GI, Nishioka I (1988) Study on the inhibitory effect of tannin and flavonoids against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical. Biochem Pharm 56: 213-222.
- Yu J, Wang L, Walzem RL, Miller EG, Pike LM, Patil BS (2005) Antioxidant activity of citrus limonoids, flavonoids and coumarins. J Agric Food Chem 53: 2009-2014. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0484632
- Zhu LG, Brewer MS (1998) Discoloration of fresh pork as related to muscle and display conditions. J Food Sci 63: 763-767. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1998.tb17895.x