- Volume 10 Issue 8
As the spread of LBS(Location Based Service), MDT(Mobile Data Terminal) and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) services using mobile terminals, various systems are under development to to manage the performance of these services. This paper describes a mobile performance management system which is implemented to test the performance of mobility between the user and the terminal or between the terminal and the mobile server automatically in the mobile-user field. The system has four modules: scenario management module, MDT monitoring, LBS monitoring, and PDA monitoring. The scenario management module manages the performance by monitoring all modules. The LBS monitoring module monitors LBS call attempt stage, call connecting stage, and LBS test for established connection. Thus, the LBS monitoring module manages the performance for every stage of the call. The MDT monitoring module monitors the performance according to the input command and the PDA monitoring module monitors according to the input from the set up and the execution menu.
- B. Housel and D. Lindquist, "Web Express : A System for Optimizing Web Browsing in a Wireless Environment," MOBICOM 96, pp. 108-116, Nov., 1996. https://doi.org/10.1145/236387.236416
- CDG Document, Mobile IP Implementation Guidlines, V1.4, July, 1998
- ISO TC/211, 19132 Geographic Information - Location Based Services Possible Standards, http://www.isotc211.org/scope.htm#19132.
- LIF(Location Inter-Operability Forum), Statement Version 4, LIF.
- R. Floyd and B. Housel, "Mobile web Access using eNetwork Web Express," IEEE Personal Communications, pp. 47-52, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/98.729724
- TR45.6 Document, Wireless IP Network Architecture based on IETF Protocols, Jan. 1999
- Liang Xiao, Larry J. Greenstein, Narayan B. Mandayam, Shalini Periyalwar, "Distributed Measurements for Estimating and Updating Cellular System Performance," IEEE Trans. on Com., VOL. 56, pp. 991-998, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2008.060330
- Syed Ali Khayam, Shirish S. Karande, Muhammad Usman Ilyas, and Hayder Radha, "Header Detection to Improve Multimedia Quality Over Wireless Networks," IEEE Trans. on MULTIMEDIA, VOL. 9, pp. 377-385, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2006.889051
- 민경욱, 박종현, "LBS 플랫폼에서의 Web Services 구성방법," 제20회 한국정보처리 학회 추계학술발표대회 논문집 제10권 제2호, pp. 689-692, 2003.
- 김용술, 김화성, "고품질 실시간 스트리밍 서비스 제공을 위한 네트워크 모니터링 기법," 한국통신학회 논문지, 01-11, vol. 31 No. 11B, pp. 969-978, 2006.
- B. Landfeldt, P. Sookavatana, A. Senviratne, "The Case for a Hybrid Passive/Active Network Monitoring Scheme in The Wireless Internet", in Proc. of IEEE international conference networks, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICON.2000.875781
- B.B Lwekamp, "Combining active and passive network measurement to build scalable monitoring systems on the grid," performance Evolution Review, 30(4): pp. 19-26, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/773056.773061