- Volume 10 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of Arc-Fault Detection Technique
아크고장 검출기술의 개발
- Lim, Young-Bae (Electrical Safety Research Institute KESCO) ;
- Jeon, Jeong-Chay (Electrical Safety Research Institute KESCO) ;
- Park, Chan-Eom (Electrical Safety Research Institute KESCO) ;
- Bae, Seok-Myeong (Electrical Safety Research Institute KESCO)
- Published : 2009.08.31
In 2007, 9,128 fires were actually caused by electrical faults and these fires resulted in 29 deaths and 262 injuries. Arc-faults were one of the major causes of these fires. When an unintended arc-fault occurs, it generates intense heat that can easily ignite surrounding combustibles. But, because conventional circuit breakers only respond to overloads, short circuits, and leakage currents, the breakers do not protect against arcing conditions. This paper presents results obtained in experiments on ignition behavior of wire by series arc fault currents and techniques developed to detect the arc-faults. The developed technique was tested after installation to make sure that they are working properly and protecting the circuit. If the developed arc fault detection technique is applied, the electrical fires caused by an arc-fault can be reduced.
Series Arc;Electrical Fire;Arc Detection Algorithm
- 임용배, 배석명, 김영석, 박치현, 김기현, 조성원, "영상전류 측정을 이용한 부재수용가의 전기설비에 대한 안전확보 방안", 전기학회논문지, 55P권, 4호, pp. 196-201, 2006.
- 한국전기안전공사, "전기재해통계분석", 지식경제부, p. 11, 2008.
- George D. Gregory and Gary W. Scott, "The Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters : An Emerging Product", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 928-934, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.720431
- George D. Gregory, Kon Wong and Robert F. Dvorak, "More About Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 1006-1011, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.831287
- 안상필, 문식, 김천연, "아크차단기의 시험규격 및 적용". 대한전기학회 하계학술대회 논문집, pp. 876-878, 2003.
- A Study on the Standardization of Smart Distribution Board for Electrical Safety vol.65, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.1.227