- Volume 11 Issue 3
The use of the crumb rubber as an asphalt binder modifier may contribute to road maintenance and repair. The adhesion properties of the crumb rubber modified asphalt (CRMA) sealant have attracted interest due to brittle and adhesion failure of asphalt binders at low temperatures. In this study, the influence of a flexibilizer as a modifier for CRMA at low temperatures was investigated. Their properties were measured using the penetration, the softening point, the tensile and tensile adhesion tests at low temperature. The tensile adhesion strength and the strain of CRMAs were increased with increasing ductile deformation of the CR and the asphalt binder in the flexiblizer modified CRMAs. It was found that the flexibilizer concentration was an important factor for tensile and adhesion properties of CRMAs at low temperatures.
- 이상진, 이승진, 이진국 (1997), "탄상체로 개질된 아스팔트의 물리적 특성" 고무학회, 32, 166-172.
- 오광중, 김종석 (2008), "폐타이어 고무분말을 개질 아스팔트의 물리적 특성에 대한 공정 조건", 한국도로학회, 10, 239-246.
- ASTM (2006) "Standard test method for penetration of bituminous materials" D5-06
- ASTM (2006) "Standard test method for softening point of bitumen(ring-and-ball apparatus)" D36-06
- ASTM (2007) "Standard test methods for sealants and fillers, hot applied, for joints and cracks in asphaltic and portland cement concrerete pavements" D5329-07
- McGennis, R. B., (1995) "Evaluation of physical properties of fine crumb rubber-modified asphalt binders." Transportation Research Record. 1488, ransportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 62-71.
- Takamura, K, (2008). "Methods of rejuvenating road surfaces with polymer modified asphalt emulsion." US Patent 7357594
- Freeman, R. B., and Johnson, D., (1999). "Cost effectiveness of crack sealing materials and techniques for asphalts pavement." FHWA/MT-98-007/8127, Western Trans. Inst., Montana State University, Bozeman, Mont.
- Hand, A. J., Khaled, P. E., Galal, A.,Ward, D. R., and Fang, C., (2000) "Cost-effectiveness of joint and crack sealing: synthesis of practice" Journal of Transportion Engineering, 26, 521-529.
- Masson, J-F., and Collins, P., Lowery, M., (2005) "Temperature control of hot-poured sealants during the sealing of pavement cracks" Construction and Building Materials, 19, 423-429. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2004.09.001
- Hesp. S.A.M., Roy, S. D., (2003) " How temperature and loading rate affect the yielding behavior in polymer-modified asphalt systems" The International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 4, 13-23. https://doi.org/10.1080/1029843031000097580
- Harvey, J. A. F., and Cebon, D., (2005) "Fracture tests on bitumen ilms" Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 17, 99-106. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2005)17:1(99)
- Navarro, F. J., Pata. P., Martinez-Boza. F, and Gallegos. C., (2005) "Influence of crumb rubber concentration on the rheological behavior of a crumb rubber modified bitumen", Energy & Fuels, 19, 1984-1990. https://doi.org/10.1021/ef049699a
- Pfeiffer, J. P., Doormaal, P. M., (1936) "The rheological properties of asphaltic bitumen", Journal of the Institute of Petroleum Technologists, 22, 414-422.
- Morrison, G., Lee, J. K., and Hesp, S. M., (1994) "Chlorinated polyolefin for asphalt binder modification." Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 54, 234-240.
- Miknis, F. P, Michon, L. C., (1998) "Some applications of nuclear magnetic resonance imaging to crumb rubber modified asphalts", Fuel, 77, 393-397.
- Kinloch. A. J., (1987) "Adhesion and Adhesives", Chapman and Hall, London.
- Palit, S., Reddy, S., and Pandey, B., (2004) "Laboratory evaluation of crumb rubber modified asphalt mixes." Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 16, 45-53. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2004)16:1(45)
- Navarro, F. J., Patel, P., Martinez-Boza, F., and Gallegos, C., (2007) "Influence of processing conditions on the rheological behavior of a crumb rubber modified bitumen." Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 104, 1683-1691. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.25800