- Volume 25 Issue 3
The Development of the Unfading Polyvinyl Butyral Gap-filling Material Based on Reversible Properties and Restoration of a Punchong Plate from Sam-cheon Temple Site with This Polyvinyl Butyral Product
가역성을 갖는 무황변 Polyvinyl Butyral 메움제의 개발과 이를 이용한 삼천사지 분청사기접시의 복원
- Han, Won-Sik (The Research Center of Conservation Science for Cultural Heritage, Hanseo University) ;
- Wi, Koang-Chul (The Research Center of Conservation Science for Cultural Heritage, Hanseo University) ;
- Park, Gi-Jung (Department of Chemistry, Hanseo University) ;
- Hong, Tae-Kee (Department of Chemistry, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2009.07.30
- Accepted : 2009.08.28
- Published : 2009.09.20
We fabricated the gap-filling material for antic-ceramics restoration which were made up polyvinyl butyral (butvar) base and silane system additive in iso-propyl solvent. This was made hardness control possible that user want. And it have very strong adhesion and shear strength properties and is shown the best properties for pigment filling, anti-contractibility, coloring as like epoxy system materials. Particularly, the yellowing and ir-reversibility problem in Epoxy restoration material were finally steadiness. So, there is guarantee in the eternity and stabilization of restoration for antic-celamics. And in order to show the reversible state of the restoration, we successfully dissolve this polyvinyl butyral gap-filling materials in solvent after perfect restoring the Punchong plate from sam-chun temple site subsequently.
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- 원용국, 성경과 고고학. 가을호, p3, (2003).
- 평론, 경향잡지. 8, 90, (2003).
- Ciba Specialty Chemicals, data sheet, ciba Korea Ltd.
- Poongrim, Data sheet. Poong-rim Ltd, Korea.
- HIS classwork, Data sheet, HIS classwork, INC, Korea.
- The exhibition of Sam Cheon Sa Ji, 서울역사박물관, (2008).
- Solutia, Butvar, Coating performance material by Solutia, Polyvinyl Butyral Resin Properties and Uses, 08, (2008).
- Zhou, Z.M., Tr. J. of Chemistry, 21, p229, (1997).
- Rong Liu, Polym. Deg. and stab., 93, p846, (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2008.01.008
- Jeong, H.K., Applied Chemistry, 2(1), p88, (1998).
- Fernandez, M.D., Reac. and Funct. Polym., 39, p68, (2008).
- Park, L.S., J. of Korean Ind. and Eng. Chem., 9(7), p1053, (1998).
- Nguyen, F.N., J. Adhesion Sci. Technol., 18(9), p1011, (2004). https://doi.org/10.1163/1568561041257469