- Volume 4 Issue 2
Expressing Techniques of Natural-Looking Fish Locomotion applied the Pendulum Concept
진자개념을 적용한 자연스러운 어류 움직임 표현 기법
- Yoo, Bong-Gil ;
- Ryu, Nam-Hoon ;
- Ban, Kyeong-Jin ;
- Kim, Kyeong-Og ;
- Oh, Kyeong-Sug ;
- Lee, Hye-Mi ;
- Kim, Eung-Kon
- Received : 2009.03.17
- Accepted : 2009.04.22
- Published : 2009.06.30
Thanks to the development of computer graphics, Animation can be easily accessed through movies or games. The users can meet various contents and are asking for high quality animations that resembles reality to a near perfection. The research is proceeded to observe the fish shapes and swimming movements through cyber aquariums, fish ecology museums and fish encyclopedias. The core of expressing undersea scenery is the natural and dynamic movements of the fish. In this thesis in order to achieve the natural shape of fish swimming, it is necessary to design a fish growth process system based on environmental factors and apply different standard points depending on the various swimming types of fish species to express the fish as near reality as possible. And by calculating the different swimming velocities of different standard points, a natural swimming shape will be achieved.
- 윤재홍, 송용규, 김은석, 허기택, "음함수 프리미 티브의 모핑을 이용한 3D 캐릭터 변형 방법", 한국콘텐츠학회 2005 추계종합학술대회 논문집, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.470-474, 2005.
- M. Eck, T. DeRose, Duchamp, H. T.Hoppe, M. Lounsbery and W. Stuetzle, "Multiresolution Analysis of Arbitrary Meshes", ACM Computer Graphics Proceeding of SIGGRAPH '95, 1995.
- A. Lerios, C.D. Garfinkle and M. Levoy, "Feature-Based Volume Metamorphosis", ACM Computer Graphics Proceeding of SIGGRAPH '95, 1995.
- D. Cohen-Or, D. Levin and A. Solomovici, "Contour Blending Using Warp-guided Distance Field Interpolation", Proceeding of Visualization '96, pp.165-172, 1996.
- J.F. Hughes, "Schedules Fourier Volume Morphing", ACM Computer Graphics(Proc. of SIGGRAPH '92), pp.43-46, 1992.
- J. E. Colgate and K. M. Lynch, "Control Problems Solved by a Fish's Body and Brain: A Review", Mechanical Engineering Department, Northwestern University
- 신종홍, 장선봉, 지인호, "디지털 영상처리 입 문", 한빛미디어, pp.344-349, 2008.
- Micheal Sfakiotakis, David M. Lane, and J. Bruce C. Davies, "Review of Fish Swimming Modes for Aquatic Locomotion", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp.237-252, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/48.757275
- Marc Ziegler, "Morphological Computation in Underwater Locomotion", Department of Information Technology University of Zurich, pp.5-11, 2005.
- 권명준, 신기한, 민경필, 전준철, "3차원 물체의 특징점 제어에 의한 3D 객체 모핑", 한국인터넷정보학회, 한국인터넷정보학회 2006 춘계학술발표대회, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.347-350, 2006.
- EungKon Kim, NamHoon Ryu, KyeongJin Ban, JungHyun Seo, and MoonSuk Jang, "3D Morphing Techniques for Fish Growth Process System Implementation Based on Environmental Factors", IEEE Computer Society, NCM 2008, Vol. 2, pp.3-8, 2008.
- http://www.fish.go.kr/product/environment/e nv.php