- Volume 11 Issue 2
Interactions between pre-existing large pipelines and a new tunnel
기존 대구경 파이프라인과 신설터널간의 상호작용
- 정선아 (건국대학교 사회환경시스템공학과) ;
- 최정인 (건국대학교 사회환경시스템공학과) ;
- 홍은수 (한국과학기술원 건설 및 환경공학과) ;
- 천윤철 (삼성물산 국내토목사업부) ;
- 이석원 (건국대학교 사회환경시스템공학과)
- Published : 2009.06.30
When a new tunnel is excavated by the drill and blast method near pre-existing underground structures or tunnels due to the region restricted condition such as urban area, the ground will be relaxed by the excavation. In this case, issues can be created in terms of stability of pre-existing underground structures. One of major factors determining the stability of pre-existing underground structures can be a separation distance between pre-existing underground structures and a newly excavated tunnel. The region of ground relaxation defined by the plastic zone due to new excavation can be varied by separation distance. In this study, in other to estimate an influence of new tunnel excavation in terms of separation distance on the stability of pre-existing large pipelines, two-dimensional scaled model tests using plaster were performed for six models which have a different separation distance, The results show that based on the analysis of induced displacement during tunnel construction, the displacement decreases as the separation distance between large pipeline and new tunnel is increased until the distance is 2.5 times of pipeline diameter. Beyond this point, however, the displacement has become stabilized.
- 김종우, 전석원, 서영호 (2004), “지하 채굴적이 지표 구조물의 안정성에 미치는 영항에 관한 모형실험 연구", 터널과 지하공간, 한국암반공학회 논문집, 제 14권, 제 1호, pp. 43-53.
- 안현호, 최정인, 심성현, 이석원 (2008), “축소모형실험을 통한 이격거리에 따른 근접터널의 거동", 한국지반공학회 논문집, 제24 권, 제 7호, pp. 5-16.
- 장부식, 황정순, 이상오, 윤배식, 김홍택 (2006), “축소모형실험을 통한 병설터널 보강필라의 거동특성평가에 관한 연구”, 한국지반공학회 가을학술발표회 논문집, pp. 2176-2185.
- 전석원, 김종우, 홍창우, 김영근 (2003), “석회암 공동이 터널 안정성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구”, 한국지구시스템공학회지, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 147-158.
- Adhikary, D. P., Dyskin, A. V., Jewell, R. J., and Stewart, D. P. (1997), “A study of the mechanism of flexural toppling failure of rock slopes", Rock Mech. Rock Engrg., Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 75-93 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01020126
- Chapman, D. N., Ahn, S. K., Hunt, D. V. L. and Chan, A. H. C. (2006), " The use of model tests to investigate the ground displacements associated with multiple tunnel construction in soil", Tunnelling and underground space technology, Vol. 21, No. 3/4, pp. 413-413 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.059
- Chu, B. L., Hsu, S. C., Chang, Y. L. and Lin, Y. S. (2007), “ Mechanical behavior of a twin-tunnel in multi-layered formations", Tunnelling and underground space technology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 351-362 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2006.06.003
- Fakhimi, A., Carvalhoc, F., Ishidad, T. and Labuze, J. F. (2002), “ Simulation of failure around a circular opening in rock", International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 39, pp. 507-515. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(02)00041-2
- Fossen, H. and Gabrielsen, R. H. (1996), “Experimental modeling of extensional fault systεms by use of plaster", Journal of structural geology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 673-687 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8141(96)80032-0