- Volume 21 Issue 3
Comparison among with Nursing Records, Nursing Intervention Priority Perceived by Nurse and Nursing Intervention Frequency of General Surgery Department
일반외과 간호기록에서의 중재, 지각한 간호중재의 중요도 및 수행 빈도
- Choi, Eun-Hee (Department of Nursing, Yeungnam College of Science & Technology) ;
- Seo, Ji-Yeong (Department of Nursing, Youngnam Foreign Language College)
- Received : 2009.05.09
- Accepted : 2009.06.18
- Published : 2009.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine core nursing intervention in nursing records and to compare perceived nursing intervention priority and nursing intervention frequency of general surgery department. Methods: Subjects were 70 nurses who work in the general surgery department. Data was collected using a nursing intervention classification and analyzed by frequency and mean. Results: The most frequent nursing interventions of nursing records were orderly risk management, coping assistance, tissue perfusion management, skin/wound management and nutrition support. Important nursing interventions were tissue perfusion management, respiratory management, electrolyte acid-base management, elimination, peri-operative care. The most frequent nursing interventions were drug management, peri-operative care, risk management, tissue perfusion management, patient education. Conclusion: This study found that nursing records were different from intervention priority and nursing frequency. So further study is needed for finding focused intervention of specific subjects and differences with priority of nursing and frequency of nursing.
- Brooks, J. T. (1998). A qualitative analysis of nursing documentation of post-operative pain management. Journal of clinical nursing, 7(2), 155-163. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.1998.00125.x
- Choi. G. Y., Moon, Y. S., & Hong, E. S. (2006). Analysis of Medical Records and Development of Chest Pain Care Record in the Emergency Department. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 18(4), 633-642.
- Choi, J. Y., & Jang, K. S. (2005). Comparison of cancer nursing interventions recorded in nursing notes with nursing interventions perceived by nurses of an oncology unit-patients with terminal cancer. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(3), 441-450.
- Haugsdal, C. S., & Scherb, C. A. (2003). Using the nursing interventions classification to describe the work of the nurse practitioner. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 15(2), 87-94. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-7599.2003.tb00356.x
- Kim, H. Y., & Yoon., S. H. (2006). The effects of ketamine preemptive analgesia on postoperative pain in patients undergoing a hysterectomy. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(1), 114-126. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.114
- Kim, Y. A., Park, S. Y., & Lee, E. J. (2008). Comparison of Importance and Performance of Nursing Interventions linked to Nursing Diagnoses in Cerebrovascular Disorder Patients. Journla of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20(2), 296-310.
- Kwon, E. J. (2006). Analysis of nursing interventions in the PACU using nursing intervention classification : focusing on one university hospital. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kwon, I. G., Cho, M. S., & Shin, H. Y. (2007). The Perceived Importance and Performance Frequency of Nursing Interventions in the Oncology Units in a Tertiary Hospital. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 19(2), 260-273.
- Lee, B. N., & Lee, G. E. (2006). Effects of pain control education on pain control barrier, postoperative pain and pain control satisfaction in gynecological patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(6), 968-975. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.968
- Lee, E. J., & Choi, I. H. (2003). Comparison on nursing importance and performance of nursing interventions linked to nursing diagnosis-focused on 5 NANDA nursing diagnosis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 33(2), 210-219.
- Lee, E. J. (2005). Identification of nursing diagnosis-outcome-intervention(NANDA-NOC-NIC) linkage in surgical nursing unit. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam University, Gwangju.
- Myung, H. J. (2003). Analysis of nursing notes to develop on ICNP-based electronic nursing records system. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Oh, H. J., & Park, J. S. (2004). Effects of hand massage and hand holding on the anxiety in patients with local infiltration anesthesia. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 34(6), 924-933. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2004.34.6.924
- Oh, M. S., & Park, K. S. (2002). Analysis of the nursing interventions performed by neurosurgery unit using NIC. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 14(2), 265-275.
- Ro, Y. J., Han, S. S., Yong, J. S., Song, M. S., & Hong, J. U. (2002). A comparison of nursing intervention with terminal cancer patient in a hospice unit and general unit. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 14(4), 543-553.