- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Investigation into the Scaling the Actual Condition of Patients at the Oral Prophylaxis Lab in D College in Gangwon Province and Their use of Oral Hygiene Supplies
강원지역 D대학의 치면세마 실습 내원환자에 대한 스켈링 실태 및 구강위생용품 사용 실태 조사
- Published : 2009.05.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the satisfaction level of patients with oral health care provided by a dental hospital, especially scaling, and their oral health behavior. The subjects in this study were 263 college students who were in their 20s and selected from among patients who visited D university dental hospital in Gangwon Province during the oral prophylaxis practice of dental hygiene sophomores and juniors. The findings of the study were as follows: 1. Whether the selected students had ever had their teeth scaled was checked, and those who had outnumbered the others who hadn't. The rates of the former and latter respectively stood at 61.2 percent and 38.8 percent. Regarding places where they got their teeth scaled, the majority of the students that represented 75.2 percent did that at dental clinics. By gender, 34.4 percent of the male students did that at schools, which were larger than 11.8 percent of the female students who did. 88.2 percent of the female students did that at dental clinics, which were larger than 65.5 percent of the male students who did. Gender made significant differences to that(x2=10.79, p<.01). 2. As for satisfaction level with scaling by gender, the male students (38.7%) who had no specific idea outnumbered the female students (26.5%) who did. The female students(57.4%) who felt no pain during scaling outnumbered the male students(55.9%) who did. Gender made a significant difference to their responses. (x2=6.38, p<.05). 3. Concerning the use of oral hygiene supplies, most of the students who represented 72.2 percent had never flossed their teeth, and as many as 86.3 percent had never used a tongue cleaner. But the gaps between them and the others were not statistically significant.
Oral Health;Oral Hygiene Supplies;Scaling;Oral Prophylaxis Practice
- E. Wilkins, "Clinical practice of the Dental Hygienist," 6th ed. philadelphia; Lea & Febiger, pp.253-264, 1989.
- 김성훈, 의료기사등 의료관계법규, 2000.
- 정재연, 최정이, "치위생과학생들의 전공교육 및 직업관에 대한 의식조사연구", 한국학교보건학회지, 제13권, 제1호, 2000.
- 이영애, 김영선, "치위생과 학생의 임상실습 경험 정도와 수행자신감에 관한 연구", 한국치위생과학회, 제4호, pp.353-359, 2008.
- G. S. Oh, "Process of the nursing education in clinic," The Korean Nurse, Vol.13, No.6 pp.47-51, 1974.
- 심형순, "치위생과 학생의 임상실습에 관한 실태 조사", 구강생물학연구, 제27권, 제2호, 2003.
- 박정란, "전문대학 치위생과 학생의 전공과 임상 실습에 대한 태도", 석사학위논문, 경북대학교 보건대학원, 1991.
- 이상태, 임상실습지침서, 초판, 서울, 청구문화사, 1996.
- 이숙자, "간호학생의 임상실습 만족도에 관한 조사 연구", 간호학호지, 제10권, 제2호, pp.41-51, 1980.
- 윤정안, "서울.경기 지역 주민의 치주질환 인식 도에 대한 조사 연구", 치의학 석사논문, 연세대학교, 1989.
- 이정희, "구강보건 인식과 실천간의 연관성에 관한 연구", 석사학위논문, 단국대학교, 2007.
- 양정승, "치위생과 학생의 지역사회 구강진료기관 임상실습에 대한 만족도 조사연구", 대한구강보건학회지, 제24권, 제3호, 2000.
- L. J. Young and T. M. Speidel, "The effect of a continuing education course on dental hygiene practice," J Dent Edu, Vol.46, No.4, 212, 1982.
- F. John and J. R. Simon, "Integrated Clinical education for dental hygiene and dental students," J Dent Edu, 83, 1970.
- The rate of Happycaine's pain relief when scaling vol.12, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.3.495