- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Addition of Hot-Air Dried Tomato Powder on the Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Meat Patties During Freezing Storage
열풍 건조 토마토 분말 첨가가 돈육 패티의 냉동저장 중 이화학적 및 관능적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Min, Hun-Sik (Gyeongnam Livestock Veterinary Research Institute) ;
- Jin, Sang-Keun (Department of Animal Resource Technology, Jinju National University) ;
- Kim, Il-Suk (Department of Animal Resource Technology, Jinju National University)
- Received : 2008.01.23
- Accepted : 2009.02.18
- Published : 2009.02.01
The effects of hot-air dried tomato powder (HADTP) with 0% (C), 0.25 (T1), 0.50 (T2), 0.75 (T3) and 1.00% (T4) addition to the pork patties on the physicochemical and sensory properties during storage at
- Ang, J. F. and Hultin, H. O. 1989. Denatureation of cod myosin during freezing after modification with formaldehyde. J. Food Sci. 54: 814-818. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1989.tb07889.x
- Benjakul, S. and Bauer, F. 2001. Biochemical and physicochemical changes in catfish (Silurus glani linne) muscle as influenced by different freeze-thaw cycles. Food Chem. 72: 207-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(00)00222-3
- Brewer, M. S., McKeith, F., Martin, S. E., Dallmier, A. W. and Meyer, J. 1991. Sodium lactate on shelf-life, sensory and physical characteristics of fresh pork sausage. J. Food Sci. 56:1176-1178. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb04727.x
- Buege, J. A. and Aust, J. D. 1978. Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods Enzymol. 52: 302-308. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(78)52032-6
- Culig, Z., Klocker, H., Bartsch, G. and Hobisch, A. 2002. Androgen receptors in prostate cancer. Endocr. Relat. Cancer. 9:155-170. https://doi.org/10.1677/erc.0.0090155
- Down, L. J., Unterberger, H. S. and Donald, K. G. 2002. Food habits of Canadians: Lutein and lycopene intake in the Canadian population. J. American Diet. Assoc. 102:988-992. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8223(02)90226-9
- Friedman, M. 2002. Tomato glycoalkaloids: role in the plant and in the diet. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50:5751-5760. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf020560c
- Mangels, A. R., Holden, J. M., Beecher, G. R., Forman, M. R. and Lanza, E. 1993. Carotenoid content of fruits and vegetables: An evaluation of analytic data. J. Am. Diet Assoc. 93:284–296.(published erratum appears in J. Am. Diet Assoc. 93:527).
- Mascio, P., Di, M. K. and Sies, H. 1989. Lycopene as the most efficient biological carotenoid singlet oxygen quencher. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 274:532-538. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(89)90467-0
- Osterlie, M. and Lerfall, J. 2005. Lycopene from tomato products added minced meat: Effect on storage quality and colour. Food Res. Inter. 38:925-929. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2004.12.003
- Pannala, A. S., Rice-Evans, C., Sampson, J. and Singh, S. 1998. Interaction of peroxynitrite with carotenoids and tocopherols within low density lipoprotein. FEBS Letters. 423:297-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-5793(98)00108-2
- Rock, C. L., Flatt, S. W. and Wright, F. A. 1997. Responsiveness of carotenoids to high vegetable diet intervention designed to prevent breast cancer recurrence. Cancer Epidemiol Bio-markers Prev. 6:617-623.
- SAS. 1999. SAS user's Guide:Satistics, SAS Inst. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Schweitzer, C., Park, Y. and Song, W. 1999. Dietary intake of carotenoids, fruits and vegetables in the US: CSFII 1994-1996, a national survey. In: Abstracts 12th International Carotenoid Symposium Cairns. Australia. July. 18:2-19.
- Spencer, E. H., Frank, E. and McIntosh, N. F. 2005. Potential effects of the next 100 billion hamburgers sold by McDonal’s. Am. J. Pre. Med. 28:379-381. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2005.01.009
- Srinivasan, S., Xing, Y. L., Blanchard, S. P. and Tidwell, J. H. 1997. Physicochemical changes in prawns (Machrobrachium rosenbergii) subjected to multiple freezethaw cycles. J. Food Sci. 62: 123-127. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1997.tb04381.x
- Tarladgis, B. G., Watts, B. M., Younathan, M. T. and Dugan, L. 1960. A distillation method for the quantitative determination of malonaldehyde in racid foods. J. American Oil Chemistry Society 37:44-52. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02630824
- Turner, E. W., Paynter, W. D., Mountie, E. J., Bessert, M. W., Struck, G. M. and Olson, F. C. 1954. Use of the 2-thiobarituric acid reagent to measure rancidity in frozen pork. Food Tech. 8:327.
- Willcox, J. K., Catignani, G. L. and Lazarus, S. 2003. Tomatoes and cardiovascular health. Critical Rev. Food Sci. Nutrit. 43:1-8. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408690390826437
- Yilmaz, I., Simsek, O. and Isikli, M. 2002. Fatty acid composition and quality characteristics of low-fat cooked sausage made with beef and chicken meat, tomato juice and sunflower oil. Meat Sci. 62:253-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(01)00255-8
- 高坂和久. 1975. 肉製品鮮度保持測定. 食品工業. 18:105-111.
- Monitoring of Wine Quality by using Environmentally friendly Tomato Concentrate and Commercial Wines vol.29, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2014.29.3.278
- Utilization of pomegranate seed powder and tomato powder in the development of fiber-enriched chicken nuggets vol.45, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1108/NFS-05-2015-0066