- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Aqueous Fibrolytic Enzyme Products Supplementation on In vitro Fermentation and Growth Performance of Hanwoo Steers
섬유소분해효소 발효액의 첨가가 In vitro 발효 및 거세한우의 성장에 미치는 영향
- Kook, Kil (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Chung, Wan-Tae (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Park, Hong-Seok (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology) ;
- Jang, Ki-Yeoung (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Ji-Wung (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Moon, Seung-Ju (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kwang-Hyun (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University)
- 국길 (전남대학교 동물자원학부) ;
- 정완태 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 박홍석 (한국생명공학연구원) ;
- 장기영 (전남대학교 동물자원학부) ;
- 이지웅 (전남대학교 동물자원학부) ;
- 문승주 (전남대학교 동물자원학부) ;
- 김광현 (전남대학교 동물자원학부)
- Received : 2007.12.31
- Accepted : 2009.01.08
- Published : 2009.02.01
The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of an enriched diet supplemented with aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products (FEP) on In vitro fermentation and growth performance of Hanwoo Steers. Total mixed ration combined with fibrolytic enzyme products showed a slight increase in the pH level on In vitro fermentation. Acetate ratio in volatile fatty acids, and the concentration of total volatile fatty acids were significantly greater at 12hr and 24hr after cultivation (p<0.05). Dry matter digestibility was significantly increased in groups supplied with aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products at 24hr after cultivation (p<0.05). In a rearing trial, the average daily gain and feed efficiency improved in the treatment groups supplied with aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products. Nutrient digestibility such as DM, crude fiber, NDF, and ADF digestibility were also significantly increased with the addition of aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products (p<0.05). Therefore, the aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products supplementation on In vitro fermentation is effective in improving the condition of rumainal fermantation. Also two kinds of aqueous fibrolytic enzyme products were found to be effective in improving the average daily gain and feed efficiency in Hanwoo Steers.
Grant : 섬유소분해미생물을 이용한 효소생산 및 산업화기술개발
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- AOAC. 1996. Official Methods of Analysis. 16then. Association of Official Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Beauchemin, K. A., Collombatto, D., Morgavi, D. P. and Yang, Y. Z. 2003. Use of exogenous fibrolytic enzymes to improve feed utilization by ruminants. J. Anim. Sci. 81(E. Suppl. 2):E37-E47.
- Beauchemin, K. A., Morgavi, D. P., McAllister, T. A., Yang, W. Z. and Rode, L. M. 2001. The use of enzymes in ruminant diets : In Recent advances in animal nutrition, pp. 297-322. Edited by P. C. Garnsworthy and D. J. A. Cole. Nottingham. Univ. Press.
- Beauchemin, K. A., Jones, S. D. M., Rode, L. M. and Sewalt, V. J. H. 1997. Effects of fibrolytic enzymes in corn or barley diets on performance and carcass characteristics of feedlot cattle. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 77:645-653. https://doi.org/10.4141/A97-050
- Chaney, A. L. and Marbach, E. P. 1962. Modified reagents for determination of urea and ammonia. Clin. Biochem. 8:130-132.
- Feng, P., Hunt, C. W., Pritchard, G. T. and Julien, W. E. 1996. Effect of enzymes preparations on in situ and in vitro degradation and in vivo digestive characteristics of mature cool-season grass forage in beef steers. J. Anim. Sci. 74:1349-1357. https://doi.org/10.2527/1996.7461349x
- Hristov, A. N., McAllister, T. A. and Cheng, K. J. 1998. Effect of dietary or abomasal supplementation of exogenous polysaccharide-degrading enzymes on rumen fermentation and nutrient digestibility. J. Anim. Sci. 76: 3146-3156. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.76123146x
- Hristov, A. N., McAllister, T. A. and Cheng, K. J. 2000. Intraruminal supplementation with increasing levels of exogenous polysaccharide-degrading enzymes: effects on nutrient digestion in cattle fed a barley grain diet. J. Anim. Sci. 78:477-487. https://doi.org/10.2527/2000.782477x
- Lewis, G. E., Hunt, C. W., Sanchez, W. K., Treacher, R., Pritchard, G. T. and Feng, P. 1996. Effect of direct-fed fibrolytic enzymes on the digestive characteristics of a forage-based diet fed to beef stters. Journal of Animal Science, 74, 3020-3028. https://doi.org/10.2527/1996.74123020x
- Maeng, W. J., Van Nevel, C. J., Baldwin, R. L. and Morris, J. G. 1976. Rumen microbial growth rates and yields : Effect of amino acids and protein. J. Dairy Sci. 59:68-79. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(76)84157-4
- McAllister, T. A., Oosting, S. J., Popp, J. D., Mir. Z., Yanke, L. J., Hristov, A. N., Treacher, R. J. and Cheng, K. J. 1999. Effect of exogenous enzymes on digestibility of barley silage and growth performance of feedlot cattle. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 79:353-360. https://doi.org/10.4141/A98-099
- Phipps, R. H., Sutton, J. D., Bhat, M. K., Hartnell, G. F., Vicini, J. and Hard, D. L. 2000. Effect of cell-wall degrading enzymes and method of application on feed intake and milk production of Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci 83(Suppl. 1):236-237(Abstr.)
- Rode, L. M., Yang, W. Z. and Beauchemin, K, A. 1999. Fibrolytic enzyme supplements for dairy cows in early lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 82:2121-2126. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(99)75455-X
- SAS. 2000. SAS/STAT User's guide(Release 8.1 ed.). Statistics, SAS Inst, Inc., Cary, NC.
- Sutton, J. D., Phipps, R. H., Beever, D. E., Humphries, D. J., Hartnell, G. F., Vicini, J. L. and Hard, D. L. 2003. Effect of method of application of a fibrolytic enzyme product on digestive processes and milk production of digestive processes and milk production in Holstein-Friesian cows. J. Dairy Sci. 86:546-556. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(03)73633-9
- Wang, Y., McAllister, T. A., Rode, L. M., Beauchemin, K. A., Morgavi, D. P., Nsereko, V. L., Iwaasa, A. D. and Yang, W. Z. 2001. Effects of an exogenous enzyme preparation on microbial protein synthesis, enzyme activity and attachment to feed in the rumen simulation technique (Rusitec). Br. J. Nutr. 85: 325-332. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN2000277
- Yang, W. Z., Beauchemin, K. A. and Rode, L. M. 1999. Effects of an enzyme feed additive on extent of digestion and milk production of lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 82:325-332.
- Effect of Enzyme and Yeast Extract Supplement on Growth Performances, in vitro Ruminal Fermentation and Blood Parameters in Hanwoo Steers vol.48, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2014.48.3.173