- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Restriction of Dry Matter and Nutrient Intakes on Productivity of Holstein Lactating Cows Offered High Levels of Concentrate
건물 및 영양소 섭취량 제한이 농후사료 급여 비율이 높은 착유우의 생산성에 미치는 영향
- Cho, Young-Seok (College of Animal Bioscience & Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Rim, Jong-Su (College of Animal Bioscience & Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Jang, Won-Seok (College of Animal Bioscience & Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Myeong-Hwa (College of Animal Bioscience & Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Rak (College of Animal Bioscience & Technology, Konkuk University)
- 조영석 (건국대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 임종수 (건국대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 장원석 (건국대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 김명화 (건국대학교 동물생명과학대학) ;
- 이상락 (건국대학교 동물생명과학대학)
- Received : 2007.08.09
- Accepted : 2009.02.13
- Published : 2009.02.01
Effects of dry matter intake restriction to the level of recommend by NRC (2001) on intake balance of dry matter and nutrients in Holstein lactating cow were evaluated. 24 lactating cows were divided into two groups and individually fed one of the TMR offered as ad libitum (control) and restricted amount (treatment) as recommended by NRC (2001). Milk yield including 4% FCM and FPCM were showed higher tendency in treatment group then those of control group. Also, intakes of dry matter, net energy and metabolizable protein were tended to be higher in treatment group then control group. Actual dry matter and net energy intakes in control group were higher (p<0.001) then those of recommended amount by NRC (2001), whereas no significant differences in treatment group. The estimated
- Agnew, R. E., Yan, T., Murphy, J. J., Ferris, C. P. and Gordo, F. J. 2003. Development of maintenance energy requirement and energetic efficiency for lactation from production data of dairy cows. Livest. Prod. Sci. 82:151-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(03)00014-9
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 15th edn. A.O.A.C., Arlington, VA.
- Gordon, F. J. 1981. Feed input-milk output relationships in the spring-calving dairy cow. In: Haresign, W. (Ed.), Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition-1980. 15-31. Butterworths, London.
- Institut National De la Recherche Agronomique (INRA). 1989. Ruminant Nutrition-Recommended Allowances and Feed Tables. John Libbey Eurotext, Paris-London-Rome, France.
- Licitra, G., Hernandez, T. M. and Van Soest, P. J. 1996. Standardization of procedures for nitrogen fractionation of ruminant feeds. Anim. feed Sci. Technol. 57:347-358. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-8401(95)00837-3
- Mayne, C. S. and Gordon, F. J. 1984. The effect of type of concentrate and level of concentrate feeding on milk production. Anim. Prod. 39:65-76. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100027628
- Mertens, D. R. 2002. Gravimetric determination of amylase-treated neutral detergent fiber in feeds with refluxing in beakers or crucibles: collaborative study. JAOAC. 85:6.
- Moe, P. W. and Tyrrell, H. F. 1972. The net energy value of feeds for lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 55:945-958. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(72)85601-7
- NRC. 2001. Nutrient Requiremente of Dairy Cattle (7th Ed.). National Academy Press, Washington, D. C.
- O’Mara, F. P., Murphy, J. J. and Rath, M. 1998. Effect of amount of dietary supplement and source of protein on milk production, ruminal fermentation and nutrient flows in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 81:2430-2439. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(98)70134-1
- Rim, J. S., Lee, S. R., Cho, Y. S., Kim, E. J., Kim, J. S. and Ha, Jong K. 2008. Prediction of dry matter intake in lactating Holstein dairy cows offered high levels of concentrate. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 21(5):677-684. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2008.70398
- Rinne, M., Jaakkola, S., Kaustell, K., Heikkila, T. and Huhtanen, P. 1999b. Silages harvested at different stages of grass growth v. concentrate foods as energy and protein sources in milk production. Anim. Sci. 69:251-263. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1357729800051286
- SAS. 2001. SAS User’s Guide: Statistical Analysis Systems Institute, Inc. Cary, NC.
- Tyrrell, H. F. and Moe, P. W. 1975. Effect of intake on digestive efficiency. J. Dairy Sci. 58:1151-1163. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(75)84694-7
- Van Es, A. J. H. 1978. Feed evaluation for ruminants. 1. The systems in use from May 1977 onwards in the Netherlands. Livest. Prod. Sci. 5:331-345. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-6226(78)90029-5