- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Characterization of the Bovine FASN Gene Variation for Carcass and Beef Quality Traits in Hanwoo
소 FASN 유전자 변이의 연관불균형과 한우 도체형질에 미치는 영향
- Li, Song-Lan (College of Agriculture, Life and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Wook (College of Agriculture, Life and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Jae (College of Agriculture, Life and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Jun-Heon (College of Agriculture, and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yoon, Du-Hak (Division of Animal Genomics and Bioinformatics, National Institute of Animal Science) ;
- Kim, Jong-Joo (School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Jeong, Young-Chul (Jung Pork & Customer Institute) ;
- Jeon, Soon-Hong (Institute of Livestock and Veterinary Research) ;
- Choi, Jae-Won (Institute of Livestock and Veterinary Research) ;
- Kim, Nae-Su (College of Agriculture, Life and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Kwan-Suk (College of Agriculture, Life and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University)
- 이송란 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 응용생명환경학부 축산학과) ;
- 김상욱 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 응용생명환경학부 축산학과) ;
- 이중재 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 응용생명환경학부 축산학과) ;
- 이준헌 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 동물자원과학부) ;
- 윤두학 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김종주 (영남대학교 생명공학부) ;
- 정영철 (정피엔씨연구소) ;
- 전순홍 (충청북도 축산위생연구소) ;
- 최재원 (충청북도 축산위생연구소) ;
- 김내수 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 응용생명환경학부 축산학과) ;
- 김관석 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 응용생명환경학부 축산학과)
- Received : 2009.04.24
- Accepted : 2009.06.08
- Published : 2009.06.01
Fatty acid synthase (FASN) is a multi-functional enzyme with a central role in the synthesis of long-chain fatty acid and has been considered as a positional candidate gene for BTA 19 quantitative trait loci (QTL) affecting milk-fat content and fatty acid composition. In this study, we sequenced the FASN gene in several cattle breeds including Hanwoo and imported beef cattle, and identified novel DNA polymorphisms and their linkage relationship in Hanwoo. We found a significant frequency difference of the FASN (AF285607) g.17924 A
FASN;SNPs;HRM assay;Hanwoo;Beef quality
Grant : 한우 육량.육질 조기 선발용 DNA Kit 산업화 기술 개발
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- Alo, P. L., Visca, P., Marci, A., Mangoni, A., Botti, C. and Di Tondo, U. 1996. Expression of fatty acid synthase (FAS) as a predictor of recurrence in stage I breast carcinoma patients. Cancer. 77:474-482. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0142(19960201)77:3<474::AID-CNCR8>3.0.CO;2-K
- Choi, C. B., Shin, H. U., Lee, S. O., Kim, S. I., Jung, K. K., Choi, C. W., Baek, K. K., Lunt, D. V. and Smith, S. T. 2008. Comparison of Cholesterol Contents and Fatty Acid Com- position in longissmus of Hanwoo, Angus and Wagyu Crossbred Steers. K. J. Anim. Sci & Techol. 50:519-526. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2008.50.4.519
- Geay, Y., Bauchart, D., Hocquette, J. F. and Culioli, J. 2001. Effect of nutritional factors on biochemical, structural and metabolic factors on of muscles in ruminant, consequences on dietic value and sensorial qualities of meat. Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 41:1-26. https://doi.org/10.1051/rnd:2001108
- Hocquette, J. F., Richardson, R. I., Prachardson, R. I., Prache, S., Medale, F., Duffy, G. and Scollan, N. D. 2005. The future trends for research on quality and safety of animal product. Italian J. Anim. Sci. 4:49-72.
- Lin, C. Y. and Smith. S. 1978. Properties of the thioesterase component obtained by limited trypsinization of the fatty acid synthetase multienzyme complex. J. Biol. Chem. 253:1954-62.
- Morris, C. A., Cullen, N. G., Glass, B. G., Hyndman, D. L., Manley, T. R., Hickey, S. M., McEwan, J. C., Pitchford, W. S., Bottema, C. D. K. and Lee, M. A. H. 2007. Fatty acid synthase effects on bovine adipose fat and milk fat. Mamm. Genome, 18:64-74. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00335-006-0102-y
- Pazirandeh, M., Chirala, S. S., Huang, W. Y. and Wakil, S. J. 1989. Characterization of recombinant thioesterase and acyl carrier protein domains of chicken fatty acid synthase expressed in Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 30:18195-18201.
- Roy, R., Zaragoza, P., Gautier M., Eggen, A. and Rodellar, C. 2005. Radiation hybrid and genetic linkage mapping of two genes related to fat metabolism in cattle: fatty acid synthase (FASN) and glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase mitochondrial (GPAM). Anim Biotechnol. 16:1-9. https://doi.org/10.1081/ABIO-200044295
- Roy, R., Ordovas, L., Zaragoza, P., Romero, A., Moreno, C., Altarriba, J. and Rodellar, C. 2006. Association of poly- morphisms in the bovine FASN gene with milk fat content. Anim. Genet. 37:215-218. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2006.01434.x
- Smith, S. 1994. The animal fatty acid synthase: one gene, one polypeptide, seven enzymes. FASEB. J. 8:1248-1259
- Smith, S. B., Lunt, D. K., Chung, K. Y., Choi, C. B., Tume, R. K. and Zembayashi, M. 2006. Adiposity, faty acid composition, and delta-9 desaturase activity during growth in beef cattle. Anim. Sci. J. 77:478-486. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-0929.2006.00375.x
- Tatum, J. D., Smith, G. C. and Carpenter, Z. L. 1982. Interrelationships between marbling, subcutaneous fat thickness, and cooked beef palatability. J. Anim. Sci. 43:777-784.
- Wakil, S. J., Stoops, J. emK. and Joshi, V. C. 1983. Fatty acid synthesis and it's regulation. A. R. Biochem. 52:537-579. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.bi.52.070183.002541
- Wakil, S. J. 1989. Fatty acid synthase, a proficient multifunctional enzyme, Biochem 28:4523–4530. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00437a001
- Waldman, R. C., Suess, G. G. and Brungardt, V. H. 1968. Fatty Acids of Certain Bovine Tissue and Their Association with Growth, Carcass and Palatability Traits. J. Anim Sci. 27:632-635.
- Westerling, D. B. and Hedrick, H. B. 1979. Fatty acid composition of bovine lipids as influenced by diet, sex and anatomical location and relationship to sensory characteristics. J. Anim. Sci. 48:1343-1348.
- Zhang, S., Knight, T. J., Reecy, J. M. and Beitz, D. C. 2008. DNA polymorphisms in bovine fatty acid synthase are associated with beef fatty acid composition. Anim. Genet. 39:62-70. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2007.01681.x
- 농림부. 2004. 축산물 등급판정 세부기준. 농림부고시 제2004-66호.
- Porcine Fatty Acid Synthase Gene Polymorphisms Are Associated with Meat Quality and Fatty Acid Composition vol.31, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.3.356
- Effect of the Fatty Acid Synthase and Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Genes on Carcass Quality in Commercial Hanwoo Population vol.53, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.5.389