- Volume 51 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dietary Effects of Varying Levels of Calcium and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol on Hatching Egg Production and Eggshell Quality in Aged Egg-Type Breeder Hens
칼슘의 수준별 급여 및 25-hydroxycholecalciferol의 사료 내 첨가가 종란 생산성 및 후기 난각질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Eun-Jib (Division of Animal Care, Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Ahn, Byoung-Ki (Animal Resources Research Center, College of Animal Bioscience and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, Chang-Won (Animal Resources Research Center, College of Animal Bioscience and Technology, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2009.02.20
- Accepted : 2009.08.18
- Published : 2009.08.01
This experiment was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary calcium (Ca) and vitamin
Ca;25-hydroxycholecalciferol;Eggshell quality;Hatchability;Aged egg-type breeder hens
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- Abdallah, A. G., Harms, R. H. and El-Husseiny, O. 1993. Performance of hens laying eggs with heavy or light shell weight when fed diets with different calcium and phosphorus levels. Poultry Sci. 72:1881-1891. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0721881
Abdulrahim, S. M., Patel, M. B. and McGinnis, J. 1979. Effects of vitamin
$D_3$and D3 metabolites on production parameters and hatchability of eggs. Poultry Sci. 58:858-863. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0580858
- Al-Batshan, H. A., Scheideler, S. E., Black, B. L., Garlich, J. D. and Anderson, K. E. 1994. Duodenal calcium uptake, femur ash, and eggshell quality decline with age and increase following molt. Poultry Sci. 73:1590-1596. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0731590
- Ameenuddin, S. 1984. Nutritional evaluation of vitamin D metabolites and leaf protein concentrates on the productive and reproductive performance of poultry. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
- Angel, R., Applegate, T. J., Christmas, M. and Dhandu, A. S. 2001. Phosphorus sparing effect of phytase, 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and citric acid when fed to broiler chicks. Poultry Sci. 80(Suppl.) 134.
- Applegate, T. J., Angel, R., Classen, H. L., Newkirk, R. W. and Maenz, D. D. 2000. Effect of dietary calcium concentration and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol on phytate hydrolysis and intestinal phytase activity in broiler. Poultry Sci. 79(Suppl.) 21.
- Bar, A., Razaphkovsky, V. and Vax, E. 2002. Re-evaluation of calcium and phosphorus requirements in aged laying hens. Br. Poultry Sci. 43:261-269. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071660120121481
- Chang, T. K. and Coon, C. N. 1990. Sensitivity of various bone parameters of laying hens to different daily calcium intake. Poultry Sci. 69:2209-2213. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0692209
- Charles, O. W., Duke, S. and Reddy, B. 1978. Further studies on the response of laying hens to 25-hydroxy cholecalciferol. Poultry Sci. 57:1098-1099.
- Charles, O. W. and Ernst, R. A. 1973. Effect of age, calcium levels, and vitamin D metabolites on egg shell quality of SCWL. Poultry Sci. 52:1908.
- Clunies, M., Park, D. and Leeson, S. 1992. Calcium and phosphorus metabolism and eggshell formation of hens fed different amounts of calcium. Poultry Sci. 71:482-489. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0710482
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometr. 11:1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Frost, T. J. and Roland, D. A. Sr. 1991. The influence of calcium and phosphorus levels on tibia strength and eggshell quality of pullets during peak production. Poultry Sci. 70: 963-969. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0700963
- Damron, B. L. and Harms, R. H. 1980. Interaction of dietary slat, calcium and phosphorus level for laying hens. Poultry Sci. 59:82-85. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0590082
- Garlich, J., Brake, J., Parkhurst, C. R., Thaxton, J. P. and Morgan, G. W. 1984. Physiological profile of caged layers during one production year, molt and postmolt: egg production, egg shell quality, liver, femur, blood parameters. Poultry Sci. 63:339-343. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0630339
- Gilbert, A. B., Peddie, J., Mitchell, G. G. and Teague, P. W. 1981. The egg-laying response of the domestic hen to variation in dietary calcium. Br. Poultry Sci. 22:537-548. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071688108447922
- Harms, R. H. and Waldroup, P. W. 1961. The influence of dietary calcium level and supplementary ascorbic acid and/or dienestrol diacetate upon performance of egg production type hen. Poultry Sci. 40:1345-1348. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0401345
Hamilton R. M. G. 1980. The effects of dietary phosphorus, vitamin
$D_3$and 25-hyroxyvitamin $D_3$levels on feed intake, productive performance, and egg and shell quality in two strains of force-molted White Leghorns. Poultry Sci. 59:598-604. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0590598
- Hartel, H. 1989. Evaluation of the dietary interaction of calcium and phosphorus in the high producing laying hen. Br. Poultry Sci. 31: 473-494. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071669008417280
- Hurwitz, S. and Griminger, P. 1962. Estimation of calcium and phosphorus requirements in laying hens by balance techniques. J. Sci. Food. Agri. 13:185-192. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740130308
- Hurwitz, S. and Bornstein, S. 1966. The effect of high dietary calcium on the performance of laying hens fed rations of varying energy levels. Poultry Sci. 45:805-809. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0450805
- Hy-Line VARIETY Brown 2000. Parent Stock Management Guide.
- Jackson, M. E., Hellwig, H. M. and Waldroup, P. W. 1987. Shell quality : Potential for improvement by dietary means and relationship with egg size. Poultry Sci. 66:1702-1713. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0661702
- Kang, C. W., Nam, K. T., Olson, O. E. and Carlson, C. W. 1996. Relationships between eggshell quality and biochemical parameters of calcium metabolism. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Aci. 9:715-722.
- Keshavarz, K. 1986. The effect of variation of calcium intake on production performance and shell quality. Poultry Sci. 65:2120-2125. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0652120
- Keshavarz, K. 2000. Shell quality and bone mineralization : An overview of research at cornell university. Cornell Poultry Pointers vol. 50:7.
- Keshavarz, K. 2003. A comparison between cholecalciferol and 25-OH-cholecalciferol on performance and eggshell quality of hens fed different levels of calcium and phosphorus. Poultry Sci. 82:1415-1422.
- Keshavarz, K. and Nakajima, S. 1991. Re-evaluation of calcium and phosphorus requirement of laying hens for optimum performance and egg shell quality. Poultry Sci. 60(Suppl.) 63.
- Lumeij, J. T. 1997. Avian Clinical Biochemistry. In: Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals (ed. J. J. Kanebo, J. W. Harvey, and M. L. Bruss, 5th) Academic Press. pp. 857-883.
- Manley, J. M., Voitle, R. A. and Harms, R. H. 1978. The influence on hatchability of turkey eggs from the addition of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol to the diet. poultry Sci. 57:290-292. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0570290
Marret, L. E., Frank, F. R. and Zimbleman, R. G. 1975. 25-hydroxycholecalciferol as a dietary replacement of vitamin
$D_3$to improve egg shell calcification. Poultry Sci. 54:1788. (Abstr.).
- McLoughlin, C. P. and Soares, J. H. Jr. 1976. A study of the effects of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and calcium source on egg shell quality. Poultry Sci. 55:1400-1410. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0551400
- McNaughton, J. L., Day, E. J. and Dilworth, B. C. 1977. The chick's requirement for 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and cholecalciferol. Poultry Sci. 56:511-516. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0560511
- Mehring, A. L. and Titus, H. W. 1964. The effect of low levels of calcium in the diet of laying chickens. Poultry Sci. 43:1405-1414. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0431405
- National Research Council 1984. Nutrient requirements of poultry, 8th ed. Natl. Acad. Sci., Washington, DC.
- National Research Council 1994. Nutrient requirements of poultry, 9th ed. Natl. Acad. Sci., Washington, DC.
- Ousterhout, L. E. 1980. Effects of calcium and phosphorus levels on egg weight and egg shell quality in laying hens. Poultry Sci. 59:1480-1484. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0591480
Polin, D. and Ringer, R. K. 1977. 25-hydroxy-
$D_3$, vitamin $D_3$and graded levels of phosphorous: effect on egg productio and shell quality. Feedstuffs 49:40-42.
- Roland, D. A. Sr. and Gordon, R. 1997. Phosphorus, calcium optimization requires new approach. Feedstuffs. April 7, 1997 p14.
- SAS. 2002. SAS User’s Guide. Statistics, Version 8.e, SAS Institute. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Scott, M. L., Hull, S. J. and Mullenhoff, P. A. 1971. The calcium requirements of laying hens and effects of dietary oyster shell upon egg shell quality. Poultry Sci. 50:1055-1063. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0501055
- Seldin, E. D. 1965. Arheologic model for cornical bone. Acta. Orthop. Scand. 36(Suppl. 83):1-77. https://doi.org/10.3109/17453676508989366
- Soares, J. H. Jr., McLoughlin, C. M., Swerdel, M. R. and Bossard, E. 1976. Effects of hydroxy vitamin D metabolites on the mineralization of egg shells and bones. Pages 85-92 in: Proceedings of the Maryland Nutrition Conference. Washington, DC.
- Soares, J. H. Jr., Kerr, J. M. and Gray, R. W. 1995. 25-hydroxycholecalciferol in poultry nutrition. Poultry Sci. 74:1919-1934. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0741919
- Soares, J. H. Jr., Swerdel, M. R. and Bossard, E. H. 1978. Phosphorus availability 1. The effect of chick age and vitamin D metabolites on the availability of phosphorus in defluorinated phosphate. Poultry Sci. 57:1305-1312. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0571305
- Walter, E. D. and Aitkin, J. R. 1962. Phosphorus requirement of laying hens confined to cages. Poultry Sci. 41:386-392. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0410386
박경우. 2003. 인결핍 사료에 있어서
$25-(OH)D_3$첨가가 육계 의 생산성 및 경골의 발달에 미치는 영향. 건국대학교 대학원 석사학위 청구논문.
- 한인규, 이규호, 이상진, 강태홍, 권관. 1981. 산란계에 대한 칼슘 공급제의 사료가치 비교시험. 2. 칼슘 공급수준이 산란 율, 난각질 및 사료효율에 미치는 영향. 한축지 23:199-205.
- Effect of Age of Laying Hens and Grade of Egg Shell Abnormality on Internal Egg Quality vol.54, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2012.54.1.43