- Volume 23 Issue 1
Stress, Marital Satisfaction, and Needs for Help of Immigrant Women in Korea
여성결혼이민자의 스트레스와 결혼만족도 및 도움요구
- Moon, Sun-Sook (Department of Nursing, Hyejeon College) ;
- Kim, Chang-Hee (Department of Nursing, Hyejeon College) ;
- Sim, Mi-Gyeong (Department of Nursing, Shinsung College)
- Published : 2009.03.31
Purpose: The study was to assess marital satisfaction. needs for help, and stress of immigrant women. Method: The study employed a descriptive design of data collection. Structured Questionaires were given to the subjects; 144 women who immigrated to Korea through marriage. The data were then analyzed using
- Choi, K. S. (2006). A study about the relationship between marriage satisfaction and social support of the female marriage immigrants -centering Daegu & Kyungbuk areas-. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Children who are poor at Korean are driven out of the a classroom. (2009, January 17). The Chosun daily Post, p. A10.
- Chon, K. K., & Kim, K. H. (2003). Housewives's Life Stress and Coping Style in Korea. Korean J Health Psychol, 8, 1-39. https://doi.org/10.1348/135910703762879174
- Gutek, B. A., Repetti, R. L., & Silver, D. L. (1988). Nonwork roles and stress at work. In C. L. Cooper & R. Payne(Eds), Causes, Coping and Consequences of Stress at Work. New York : Wiley.
- Hawkins, J. L. (1968). Association Between Comparisonship and Marital Satisfaction. J Marriage Fam, 30 : 647-648. https://doi.org/10.2307/349510
- Hong, S. S. (2006). A study on the family living condition of transnational marriage women in ulsan metropolitan city. Unpublished master's thesis, Ulsan University, Ulsan.
- Ivancevich, J. M., Matteeson, M. T., Freedman, S. M., & Phillips, J. S. (1990). Worksite Stress Sanagement Interventions. Am J Pschol, 45, 252-261. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.45.2.252
- Jegal, J. K. (2007). School adjustment of children in multicultural families. Unpublished master's thesis, Silla University, Pusan.
- Kim, B. S., Seo, E. J., Son, B. D., & Jung, J. H. (2007). Multicultural social work practice. Seoul : Yang Seo Won.
- Kim, E. S., Kim, S. H., & Kim, S. Y. (2006). Survey on Gangwon marriage immigrant female and strategy for support of their adaptation in Korean community. Chuncheon : Gangwon Development Research Institute.
- Kim, K. A., & Lee J. W. (1990). A study on the stress level perceived by the married women during family life and it's related variables. Korean J Home Manage, 8, 101-117.
- Kim, M. J., Yu, M. G., Lee, H. K., & Jeong, G. S. (2006). Dilemma and choices of marriage imigrant women -centering Philippine and Vietnam immigrants. J Korean Cult Anthro, 39, 159-193.
- Kim, Y. J. (2006). Life and characteristics of an international marriage family in Chung Nam. presented at the meeting of the Association of Hong Sung Area Renovation: The Province of Chungnam Women's Policy Develoment Institute.
- Lazarus, R., & Folkman, S. (1984). Stress, Appraisal and Coping, New York : Springer.
- Lee, H. S. (2007). Understanding of female immigrants in rural areas. Report on project for support of family of rural marriage immigrant female, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 126-144.
- Lee, M. S. (2007). Effects of a group art therapy for marriage immigrants' cultural stress and marital satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, Daegu.
- Park, C. O. (2006). Practice of theology and village without border. Seoul : Village without Border.
- Park, S. H. (2008). Study on effectiveness of marital relationship enhancement program in interration families. Unpublished master's thesis, Chodang University of Korea, Mocpo.
- Seol, D. H., Kim, Y. T., Kim, H. M., Youn, H. S., Lee, H. K., Yim, G. T., Jeong, G. S., Ju, Suh, H. (2007). Multicultural family and Korean language education. Korean J Anthropol Studies, 1, 1-24.
- Yang, S. M. (2008). A study on multicultural counseling in Korean situational based on the enculturative stressors, stress responses of marriage migrant women in rural areas. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2005). Research on the actual condition.
- The Korea National Statistical Office. (2006). Dynamic statistics of population. Deajeon : The National Statistical Office.