- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Status and Distribution of Riparian Vegetation in the Geum River, Korea
금강 유역의 수변 식생 현황과 분포
- Kim, Kee-Dae (Department of Environmental Education, Korea National University of Education) ;
- Park, Mee-Hwa (Department of Environmental Education, Korea National University of Education)
- Published : 2009.02.28
Riparian vegetation gives basic habitats for animal and other biological organisms. It is one of essential landscapes in river ecosystem. This floral study was conducted to give basic information for management of the Geum river ecosystem. We discovered total 69 plant communities out of 40 sites studied and mean 8 plant communities were analysed per study site. Salix koreensis and Salix subfragilis community were dominant of all communities at tree layer and Salix gracilistyla and Rubus parvifolius were dominant communities at shrub layer. Phalaris arundinacea, Phragmites japonica, Miscanthus sacchariflorus and Artemisia princeps var. orientalis appeared most as perennial grasses and Humulus japonicus, Persicaria thunbergii and Persicaria hydropiper appeared most as annual grasses. Robinia pseudoacacia, Amorpha fruticosa and Bidens frondosa were frequently present as exotic species. Grass communities were higher than tree communities because of human disturbance by artificial banks. The number of species was 182 appeared as 53 families 144 species, 34 varieties and 4 forma and mean species number was 25.5 per site. The most abundant site was Yanggang bridge site (14 vegetation association, 49 species) and the least abundant site was Namdaechon, Muju site (3 vegetation association, 12 species). We suggest that continuous riparian vegetation monitoring should be carried out to manage water environment ecologically.
Riparian vegetation;The Geum River;Exotic plant
- 오현경, 변무섭, 2007, 전북 군산지역 금강하류 일대의 관속식물 현황과 분포, 한국자원식물학회지, 20(2), 113-124
- 이율경, 김종원, 2005, 한국의 하천 식생, 계명대학교 출판부, 293pp
- 심정기, 1993, 금강유역의 식물상 및 식생에 관한 연구, 자연과학 연구논문집, 2(1), 47-80
- 환경부, 2006, 물환경관리기본계획
- 송인국, 2006, 금강의 하도 특성에 따른 식생 다양성과 하반림의 발달과정, 석사학위논문, 생물학과, 충남대학교, 대전.
- 박수현, 2001, 한국귀화식물원색도감, 입조각, 178pp.
- 환경부, 2007, 수질 및 수생태 보전에 관한 법률
- Jansson R, Nilsson C., Malmqvist B., 2007, Restoring freshwater ecosystems in riverine landscapes: the roles of connectivity and recovery processes， Freshwater Biol., 52, 589-596 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2427.2007.01737.x
- 이영노, 2002, 한국식물도감, 교학사, 1269pp
- Braun-Blanquet J., 1932, Plant sociology: the Study of plant communities, McGraw-HiIl, 439pp
- 김종원, 이율경, 2002, 하천습지의 관리 기본 계획에 대한 생태학적 접근 - 대구 자연생태공원 조성 기본 계획을 사례로 -, 2002 한국생태학회 섬포지움, 73-98
- 이창복, 2006, 원색대한식물도감(상, 하), 향문사, 1824pp
- Analysis on the Flora and Vegetation of Geumsan and Gisa Stream Located in Chunchengnam-do vol.17, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.1.045