- Volume 15 Issue 4
The Relationship among Nurse-Doctor Collaboration, Job Autonomy and Organizational Commitment
간호사-의사 협력, 직무자율성과 조직몰입의 관계
- Hong, Ji-Yeon (Department of Nursing, Yeungjin College) ;
- Kim, Ok-Hyun (Department of Nursing, Suncheon Cheongam College) ;
- Lee, Eun-Kyung (Department of Nursing, Suncheon Cheongam College)
- Published : 2009.12.31
Purpose: This study aimed to investigate and analyze the state of the relationship among nurse-doctor collaboration, job autonomy and organizational commitment. Method: The 304 participants were obtained who were working at a General ward, Intensive care unit and Operation room in three university hospitals located in Seoul and Kyunggi-do. The data were collected using a structured questionnaire from March 2d to April 10th, 2009. The collected data were analyzed with t-test, ANOVA, Scheff
- Aiken, L. H., Clarke, S. P., Sloane, D. M., Sochalski, J., & Silver, J. H. (2002). Hospital nurse staffing and patient mortality, nurse burnout, and job dissatisfaction. JAMA, 288(16), 1987-1993. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.16.1987
- Allen, N. J., & Meyer, J. P. (1993). Commitment to organizations and occupation: Extension and test of a three-component conceptualization. J Appl Psychol, 78(4), 538-551.
- Cha, Y. J. (2008). Clinical nurses' professionalism and job satisfaction, organization commitment. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Choi, W. S. (2004). Study on the antecedents and the consequences of career commitment to the hotel employee: On the moderating effect of the employment type. Unpublished doctorial dissertation, Kyonggi University. Seoul.
- Coluccio, M., & Maguire, P. (1983). Collaborative practice: Becoming a reality through primary nursing. Nurs Adm Q, 7(4), 59-63.
- Copnell, B., Johnston, L., Harrison, D., Wilson, A., Robson, A., Mulcahy, C., Ramudu, L., McDonnell, G., & Best, C. (2003). Doctor's and nurses's perception of interdisciplinary collaboration in the NICU, and the impact of a neonatal nurse practitioner model of practice. J Clin Nurs, 13, 105-113.
- Coulon, L., Mok, M., Krause, K., & Anderson, M. (1996). The pursuit of excellence in nursing are: What does it mean- J Adv Nurs, 24, 817-826. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1996.25921.x
- Gi, Y. H. (2008). Clinical nurses' ethical dilemma and professionalism. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Hackman, J. R., & Oldham, G. R. (1976). Motivation through the design of work: A test of a theory. Organ Behav Hum Perform, 16, 250-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(76)90016-7
- Joel, L. A., & Kelly, L. Y. (2002). The nursing experience: Trends, challenges and traditions (4th ed). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Kim, D. G. (2009). Empirical study on the employees' job characteristic and the organizational characteristic on organizational commitment. Unpublished master's thesis, Joongbu University, Chungnam.
- Kim, J. R. (2009). Perception of doctor and nurse on inter-professional collaboration in hospital wards. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Kim, M. R. (2006). Influential factor on turnover intention of nurses: the affect of nurse's organizational commitment and career commitment to turnover intention. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, M. S., & Park, Y. B. (2006). The influence of organizational justice on job involvement and organizational commitment perceived by nurses. J Korean Nur Adm Acad Soc, 12(1), 32-40.
- Kim, Y. J. (2000). A study on the types in conflict management with doctors and the job satisfaction of hospital nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Koh, M. S. (2003). A study on the influence of empowerment on job satisfaction and organizational commitment of clinical nurses. J Korean Nur Adm Acad Soc, 9(3), 315-327.
- Kramer, M., & Schmalenberg, C. (2003). Securing "good" nurse physician relationship. Nurs Manag, 34(7), 34-38.
- Lee, G. Y. (2000). Determinants of career commitment and its influences on employees' attitudes. Unpublished doctorial dissertation, SoGang University, Seoul.
- Lee, K. J. (2006). Communication problems and solutions st the health care facilities. Medical Communication, 1(1), 33-45.
- Lee, M. H. (1997). The relation on self efficacy, autonomy and job satisfaction of the clinical nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Lee, P. L. (2004). A study on autonomy and job satisfaction of the nurses working for the recovery room. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Morris, J. A., & Feldman, D. C. (1996). The dimensions, antecedents, and consequences of emotional labor. Academy of Management Review, 21, 986-1000. https://doi.org/10.2307/259161
- Mowday, R. T., Porter, L. W., & Steers, R. M. (1979). The measurement of organization commitment. J Vocat Behav, 14, 224-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- Sigrun, G., Sean, P. C., Anne, M. R., & Don, N. (2009). Front-line management, staffing and nurse-doctor relationships as predictors of nurse and patient outcome. A survey of Icelandic hospital nurses. Int J Nurs Stud, 49, 920-927.
- Thomson, S. (2006). Nurse-Physician collaboration: A comparison of the attitudes of nurses and physicians in the medical-surgical patient care setting. Medsurg Nurs, 16(2), 87-92.
- Tschannen, D., & Kalisch, B. J. (2009). The impact of nurse/physician collaboration on patient length of stay. J Nurs Manag, 17(7), 796-803. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2008.00926.x
- Weis, S. J., & Davis, H. P. (1985). Validity and reliability of the collaborative practice scale. J Nurs Res, 34(5), 299-305.
- Won, G. H. (2003). A study on nurses' job satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Daejeon University, Daejeon.
- Yang, J. S. (2004). Relationship between professional nurse autonomy and nursing performance. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Yoshiko, Y., Hidehiro, S. Yoko, S., & Hiroshi, S. (2005). Factor relating to organizational commitment of older male employees in Japan. J Cross Cuilt Gerontol, 20, 181-190.