- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of Adult Attachment Security: romantic attachment, and attachment and filial obligation to parents
성인기 애착 안정성에 관한 연구 -이성 및 부모에 대한 애착과 부모 부양 의무감을 중심으로-
- Cho, Yoon-Joo (Dept. of Family and Consumer Science, Sungshin Women's University)
- 조윤주 (성신여자대학교 가족문화.소비자학과)
- Published : 2009.02.28
The purposes of this study are to investigate the relationship between university students' romantic and parent attachment in attachment security and to examine the relationship among romantic attachment, parent attachment and filial obligation for generational transition. Major results of this study are as follows: first, the level of attachment anxiety in female students is higher than male students. 25.1% of the subjects is classified into a secure type and 74.9% is classified as an insecure type. Second, female subjects feel strong attachment to their mothers than male subjects. Third, romantic attachment of female students is related to attachment to their fathers. Fourth, male subjects feel more filial obligation than female subjects. Finally, their romantic and parent attachment are positively related to their filial obligation. Variables that explain male students' filial obligation are ones of 'giving economic aid to parent' and 'the extent of attachment to their fathers'. A variable accounting for female students' filial obligation is 'the extent of attachment to their mothers'.
- 박경숙 (2000). 한국 노인의 사회적 관계. 가족과 지역 사회와의 연계 정도. 한국사회학, 34, 가을호, 621-647.
- 이영미, 민하영, 이윤주 (2004). 부모와의 갈등 및 성인 애착에 따른 대학생의 자아 탄력성. 한국가정관리학회지, 22(4), 63-72.
- 장지선 (2004). 대학생의 진로 정체감과 부모에 대한 심리적 독립 및 애착과의 관계 연구. 연세대학교 석사학위 청구논문.
- 통계청 (2008). 2008년 사회조사.
- Bartholomew, K & Horowitz, LM (1991). Attachment styles Among young adults: A test of a four-category model. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 61(2), 226-244. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.199
- Brody, EM, Johnsen, PT, Fulcomer, MC, & Lang, AM (1983). Women's changing roles and help to elderly parents: Attitudes of three generations of women. Journal of Gerontology, 35, 597-607.
- Collins, NL & Read, SJ (1990). Adult attachment, working models, and relationship quality in dating couple. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 58(4), 644-663. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.524
- Feeney, JA & Noller, P (1990). A style as a predictor of adult romantic relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 58(2), 281-291. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2061
- Kobak, RR & Sceery, A (1988). Attachment in late adolescence: Working models, affect regulation, and representations of self and others. Child Development, 59, 135-146. https://doi.org/10.2307/1130395
- Seelbach, WC & Sauer, WJ (1977). Filial responsibility expectations and morale among aged parents. The Gerontologist, 17, 492-499. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/17.6.492
- Turner, PJ (1991). Relation between attachment, gender, and behavior with peers in preschool. Child Development, 62, 1475-1488. https://doi.org/10.2307/1130820
- Weiss, RS (1982). Attachment in adult life. In C. M. Parkes & J. Stevenson-Hinde (Eds.), The Place Attachment in Human Behavior(pp. 171-184). New York: Basic Books.
- Wolfson, C, Handfield-Jones, R, Glaa, KC, McGaran, J, & Keyserlingk, E (1993). Adult children's perceptions of their responsibility to provide care for dependent elderly parents. The Gerontologist, 33(3), 315-323. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/33.3.315
- 서병숙 (1986) 부모 노후의 책임 의식에 관한 연구. 한국노년학, 6, 101-120.
- Thompson, L & Walker, AJ (1984). Mothers and daughters: Aid patterns and attachment. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 46, 313-322. https://doi.org/10.2307/352463
- Gilligan, C (1982). In a different voice: Psychological theory and women's development. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- Londerville, S & Main, M (1981). Security of attachment, compliance, and maternal training method in second year of life. Developmental Psychology, 17, 289-299. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16220.127.116.119
- Aldous, J, Klaus, E, & Klein, DM (1985). The understanding heart: Aging parents and their favorite child. Child Development, 56, 303-316. https://doi.org/10.2307/1129721
- Rossi, AS & Rossi, PH (1990). Of Human Bonding: Parent-Child Relations across the Life Course. New York: Aldine de Gruyter.
- 오선영, 김영희 (2006). 성인기 애착 유형에 따른 남녀 대학생의 데이트 관계. 한국가족관계학회지, 11(1), 25-57.
- 조윤주 (2008). 성인 손자녀의 조부모 동거 경험에 대한 현상학적 연구. 한국가정관리학회 추계학술대회논문집.
- Erikson, EH (1963). Childhood and society. New York: Norton.
- Hareven, TK (1995). Historical perspectives on the family and aging. In R. Blieszner & V. H. Bedford (Eds.), Handbook of Aging and the Family (pp. 13-31). Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- 이은경 (1999). 대학생의 가족주의 가치관과 부모 노후의 부양 의식에 관한 연구. 대한가정학회지, 37(1), 45-65.
- Kivett, VR (1988). Older rural fathers and sons: Patterns of association and helping. Family Relations, 37, 62-67. https://doi.org/10.2307/584431
- Thompson, RA & Lamb, ME (1986). Infant-mother attachment: New directions for theory and research. In P. Batler, D. Featherman, & R. Lerner (Eds.), Life Span Development and Behavior (Vol. 7, pp. 1-41). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- 조윤주 (2004). 대학생 자녀가 지각한 부모와의 정서적 관계와 부모 부양 의식. 한국가정관리학회지, 22(3), 63-74.
- Cicirelli, VG (1983). Adult children's attachment and helping behaviors to elderly parents: A path model. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 45, 815-822. https://doi.org/10.2307/351794
- Hazan, C & Shaver, PR (1987). Romantic love conceptualized as an attachment process. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 52(3), 511-524. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1681
- Brennan, KA, Clarks, CL, & Shaver, PR (1998). Self-report measures of adult romantic Attachment. An integrative overview. In J. A. Simpson & W. S. Rholes (Eds.), Attachment theory and close relationships (pp. 46-76). New York: Guilford Press.
- Feeney, JA, Noller, P, & Harahan, M (1994). Assessing adult attachment: Development in the conceptualization of security and insecurity. In M. B. Sperling & W. H. Berman (Eds.), Attachment in adult: Clinical and developmental perspectives. New York: Guilford Press.
- 임춘희 (1988). 분거한 도시 장남 부부의 부양 의식 유형: 세대간 유대관계를 중심으로. 고려대학교 석사학위 청구논문.
- 한은주, 최배영 (1997) 상징적 상호작용론적 관점에서 본 부모 부양 의식에 관한 연구. 대한가정학회지, 35(2), 373-383.
- 김수경 (2004). 대학생의 이성 친구에 대한 애착과 부모에 대한 애착 표상과의 관계. 연세대학교 석사학위 청구논문.
- Finley, NJ, Robert, MD, & Banahan, BF (1988). Motivators and inhibitors of attitudes of filial obligation toward aging parents. The Gerontologist, 28(1), 73-78. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/28.1.73
- Johnson, ES & Brusk, B (1977). Relationship between the elderly and their adult children. The Gerontologist, 17, 90-96. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/17.1.90
- Miller, B & Cafasso, L (1992). Gender differences in caregiving: Fact or artifact? The Gerontologist, 32, 498-507. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/32.4.498
- Walker, AJ, Prett, CC, Shin, H, & Jones, LJ (1990). Motives for parental caregiving and relationship quality. Family Relations, 39, 51-56. https://doi.org/10.2307/584948
- 이신숙 (2006). 한.미 대학생의 노인과 노화에 대한 태도가 조모-손자녀간의 친밀도에 미치는 영향. 한국가정관리학회지, 24(5), 53-68.
- Bretherton, I (1995). A communication perspective on attachment relationships and internal working models. In E. Waters, B. E. Vaughn, G. Posada & K. Kondo-Ikemura(Eds.), Caregivng, Cultural, and Cognitive Perspectives on Secure-base Behavior and Working Models: New Growing Points of Attachment Theory and Research. (Vol. 60, pp. 310-329). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press. https://doi.org/10.2307/1166187
- Armsden, GC & Greenberg, MT (1987). The inventory of parent and peer attachment: Individual differences and their relationship to psychological well- being in adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 16, 427-453. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02202939
- Pruchno, RA, Peters, ND, Kleban, MH, & Burant, CJ (1994). Attachment among adult children and their institutionalized parents. Journal of Gerontology, 49(5), 209-218.
- 장휘숙 (2002). 청년 후기의 부모에 대한 애착, 분리-개별화 및 심리사회적 적응. 한국심리학회지, 15(1), 101-121.
- Cicirelli, VG (1995). A measure of caregiving daughters' attachment to elderly mothers. Journal of Family Psychology, 9, 89-94. https://doi.org/10.1037/0893-322.214.171.124
- Kagan, J (1980). Perspectives on continuity. In K. Pillemer & K. McCarteney (Eds.), Parent-Child Relations throughout Life (pp. 25-41). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- 조병은, 이미숙, 강란혜 (2002). 한국과 일본 취업모 가정의 조모 역할과 조모와 손자녀의 심리적 복지감에 관한 비교 연구. 한국노년학, 21(3), 213-229.
- Bowlby, J (1969). Attachment and loss. In D. R. Shaffer (Ed.), (2000). Social and Personality Development (pp. 104-034). Wadsworth.
- 김동직, 한성열 (1997). 한국 대학생의 애착 유형 분포와 대인 관계 특성. 한국심리학회지: 사회 및 성격, 11(2), 91-109.
- The Relationships Among Mothers’ Childhood Attachment to Parents, Marital Satisfaction, and Psychological Well-Being vol.38, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2017.38.5.67