- Volume 13 Issue 1
The present work aims to estimate channel, shell, tube and tube sheet stresses of shell and tube oil cooler stemmed from various parameters. These parameters involve size, thickness and dimension of shell and tube oil cooler, including fluid temperature. The main purpose of the present work is to ensure safety of design products and also develop new products rapidly. For stress evaluation of oil coolers, first of all, the maximum pressure on the shell-side and on the tube side is fixed with 3.1MPa and 1.5MPa, respectively. Secondly, the pressure on each side varies from 2MPa to 3.1MPa on the shell side and tram 0.6MPa to 2MPa on the tube side. Various parameters under these conditions are employed to estimate design stresses on each side of oil cooler. These basic information related to stresses will be useful for a designer or manufacturer of an oil cooler.
- M. Saffar-Avval and E. Damangir, 1995, "A general correlation for determining optimum baffle spacing for all types of shell and tube exchangers", Int. J. of Mass Transfer. Vol. 38, No. 13, pp. 2501-2506. https://doi.org/10.1016/0017-9310(94)00358-3
- Huadong Li, Volker Kottke, 1998, "Local heat tranfer in the first baffle compartment of the shell-and-tube-heat exchangers for staggered tube arrangement", Experimental Theramal and Fluid Science 16, pp. 342-348. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0894-1777(97)10036-X
- Zahid H. Ayub, 2005, "A new chart method for evaluating single-phase shell side heat transfer coefficient in a single segmental shell and tube heat exchanger", Vol. 25, Issues 14-15, Oct. pp. 2412-2420. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2004.12.015
- H. Li, V. Kottke, 1999, "Analysis of local shellside heat and mass transfer in the shell-and tube heat excahnger with disc-and doughnut baffles", Int. J of Mass Transfer 42, pp. 3509-3521. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(98)00368-8
- T. Pekdemiret al., 1993, "Flow distribution on the shellside of a cylindrical shell and tube heat exchanger", Int. J of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vo. 14, Issues 1, pp. 76-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/0142-727X(93)90043-M
- Unfired Pressured Vessels, 2002, design, BS-EN 13445-3.