- Volume 9 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of visitors' motivation for attending festivals on their participation flow and satisfaction. Empirical researches have been done in order to accomplish the purpose. The results are as follows: First, the more a festival provides its visitors with escape from daily life and its uniqueness, the more their participation flow increases. Second, the attractiveness of the events of a festival and the promotion of intimacy among family members and visitors also lead to the increase of participation flow. Third, intrinsic motivation has more influence over the participation satisfaction of a festival than extrinsic one. Fourth, the degree of participation satisfaction is in direct proportion to that of participation flow. Such results could provide useful strategic findings for persons in charge of planning and arranging festivals.
- 김동기, 이충기, "내, 외국인간 축제참여동기 분석", 관광연구, 제16권, 제1호, pp.257-271, 2001.
- 김송희, 장순용, "대학생들의 여가동기와 몰입경험과의 관계에 관한 연구", 여가레크레이션연구, 제25권, pp.69-85, 2003.
- 안창식, "골프 전공자의 참여동기가 운동 몰입 행동에 미치는 영향", 한국스포츠리서치, 제14권, 제 6호, pp.51-62, 2003.
- 장양례, "최초방문자와 재방문자간의 지역축제 동기, 만족평가와 행동의도, 지역문화 인식 비교 연구", 관광경영학연구, 제30권, pp.167-191, 2007.
- 황인옥, 이봉구, 정호권, 이승구, 지역 축제참여에 있어서 제약요인과 동기의 영향에 관한 연구, 호텔경영학연구, Vol.15, No.4, pp.163-176, 2006.
- E. L. Deci and M. Ryan, Intrinsic Motivation and Self-Determination in Human Behavior. N. Y : Plenum Press, 1985.
- E. W. Anderson, F. Claesl, and R. L. Donald, "Customer Satisfaction Market Share, and Frofit ability: Findings From Sweden," Journal fo Marketing, Vol.58, pp.53-56, 1994(7).
- D. L. Loundon and A. J. Bitta, Consumer Behavior, N. Y : McGraw-Hill Book Co. 1984.
- D. Getz, Festivals, Special Events, and Tourism, N. Y : Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991.
- D. Scott, "A Comparison of Visitors' Motivations to Attend Three Urban Festivals," Festival Management and Event Tourism, Vol.3, No.3, pp.121-128, 1996.
- E. L. Deci, Intrinsic Movtvation, New York: Plenum Press, 1975.
- E. L. Dunn and S. E. "Iso-Ahola, Sightseeing Tourists' Motivation and Satisfaction," Analysis of Tourism Research, Vol.18, No.2, pp.226-237, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(91)90006-W
- G. H. Stankey, Strategy for the Definition and Management of Wilderness, Quality. 1972.
- J. Crompton and S. L. Mackay, "Motives of Visitors Attending Festival Events," Annals of Toursim Research, Vol.21, No.2, pp.68-72, 1997.
- J. Cronnin, M. Brady, and G. Hult, "Assessing the effects of Quality, Value and Customer Satisfaction on Consumer Behavioral Intentions in Service Environments," Journal of retailing, Vol.76, No.2, pp.193-218, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- J. E. Otto and J. R. Ritchie, "The Service Experience in Tourism," Tourism Management, Vol.17, No.3, pp.165-174, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1016/0261-5177(96)00003-9
- K. L. Siegenthaler and T. C. M. Lam, "Commitment and Ego-Involvement in recreational tennis," Leisure Science, Vol.14, pp.303-315, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/01490409209513176
- K. Mohr, K. F. Backman, I. W. Gahan, and S. J. Backman, "An Investigation of Festival Motivation and Event Satisfaction by Visitor Type," Festival Management and Event Tourism, Vol.1, No.3, pp.89-97, 1993. https://doi.org/10.3727/106527093792337619
- L. Harris and M. Goode, "The Four levels loyalty and the pivotal role of trust, A Study of online service dynamics," Journal of Retailing, Vol.80, No.2, pp.139-158, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2004.04.002
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, Beyond Boredom and Anxiety San Francisco : Jessey-Bass, 1975.
- M. Uysal, I. Gahan, and B. Martin, "An Examination of event Motivations: A case Study," Festival Management and Event Tourism, Vol.191, pp.5-10. 1993.
- N. Mcintre and Pigram, "Recreation Specialization reexamined: the Case of Camper," Leisure Sciences, Vol.14, pp.3-15, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/01490409209513153
- S. Formica and M. Uysal, "A Market Segmentation of Festival Visitors : Umbria Jazz Festival in Italy," Festival Management and Event Tourism, Vol.3, No.4, pp.175-182, 1998.
- S. Dawson, P. H. Bloch, and N. M. Ridgway "Shopping Motivates, Emotional States, and Retail Outcomes," Journal of Retailing, Vol.16, No,4, pp.408-427, 1990.
- T. K. Scanlan, P. J. Carpenter, G. W. Schmidt, J. P. Simons, and B. Keeler, "An Introduction to the Sport Commitment Model," Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, Vol.15, pp.1-15, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.15.1.1
- W. Boulding, K. Ajay, S. Richard, and V. A. Zeithaml, "A Dynamic Process Model of Service Quality," Journal of Marketing research, Vol,30, pp.7-27, 1993(2). https://doi.org/10.2307/3172510
- G. Dann, Tourist Motivation: "An Appraisal," Annals of Tourism Research, Vol.8, pp.17-219, 1991.