- Volume 9 Issue 2
In this paper, we argue that characteristics of ubiquitous business are different from those of e-business or m-business. We have developed a u-business model development framework incorporating the concept of value co-creation experiences, which is a core of the ubiquitous business paradigm. The framework of u-business model development presented in this paper consists of eight steps such as defining of domain, discovery of opportunity nucleus, defining of potential co-creation experience environment, deriving candidates of u-business services, selecting u-business killer services, defining value propositions of u-business killer services, defining u-business killer service offerings, and drawing a resource map of u-business killer services. The proposed u-business model development framework offers useful guidelines for practitioners to develop successful u-business models under a ubiquitous business paradigm.
Ubiquitous Computing;u-business;u-business Model;Business Model Development Methodology
- 김경규, 장항배, 박성국, 류성렬, 김문오, "유비쿼터스 컴퓨팅 환경에서의 킬러서비스 사례연구:현장체험 학습을 중심으로", 한국IT서비스학회지, 제6권, 제2호, pp.99-112, 2007.
- 황경태, 신봉식, 김경재, "유비쿼터스 컴퓨팅 기반의 비즈니스 모델에 관한 연구: 연구 분석 프레임워크 수립 및 실증 분석", 한국데이터베이스학회지, 제12권, 제4호, pp.105-121, 2005.
- C. Prahalad and V. Ramaswamy, "The New Frontier of Experience Innovation", Sloan Management Review, pp.12-18, Summer 2003.
- C. Prahalad and V. Ramaswamy, "Co-Creation experiences: The nest practice in value creation", Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.18, No.3, pp.5-14, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20015
- C. Prahalad and V. Ramaswamy, "Co-Creating unique value with customers", Strategy & Leadership, Vol.32, No.3, pp.4-9, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/10878570410699249
- J. F. Rayport and B. J. Jaworski, e-COMMERCE, McGraw-Hill, 2002.
- P. Timmers, "Business Model for Electronic Markets," Electronic Markets, Vol.8, No.2, pp.3-8, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/10196789800000016
- R. Amit and C. Zott, "Value Creation in e-Business," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.22, pp.493-520, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.187
- S. M. Shafer, H. J. Smith, and J. C. Lidner, "The power of business models", Business Horizons, Vol.48, pp.199-207, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2004.10.014
- Y. Engestrom, R. Miettinen, and R. Punamaki, Perspectives on Activity Theory, Cambridge, 1999.