- Volume 9 Issue 2
Mobile web browsing services that bring the full PC browsing experience to customer's mobile handset have been emerged. This study is to investigate the intention to use mobile web browsing based on Technology Acceptance Model(TAM) which has been widely used to explain and predict the IT acceptance and incorporated with self-efficacy which was identified as an important determinant of user's new technology adoption in recent literature on technology acceptance. Specifically, from a theoretical perspective, this study not only clarifies mobile self-efficacy, but also develops an instrument to measure the concept of mobile self-efficacy. The results indicate that both computer self-efficacy and mobile self-efficacy directly influence perceived ease of use, and that perceived ease of use enhance perceived usefulness. And the findings indicate that perceived ease of use and usefulness have direct effects on attitude and then it is positively associated with intention to use mobile web browsing. Therefore, the findings imply that mobile self-efficacy can be employed as an important variable in examining user's intention for various mobile services to come in future.
Mobile Web Browsing;Technology Acceptance Model;Self-efficacy;Mobile Self-efficacy
- 전종홍, "모바일 웹 브라우징 기술 및 표준화 동향," 정보처리학회지, 제15권, 제4호, pp.23-32, 2008.
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology," Mis Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp.319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- V. Venkatesh and F. D. Davis, "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies,“ Management Science, Vol.46, No.2, pp.186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.18.104.22.16826
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy: The exercise of control, W.H. Freeman: New York, 1997.
- I. Ajzen and M. Fishbein, Understanding Attitudes and Predicting Social Behavior, Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1980.
- Y. F. Kuo and S. N. Yen, "Towards an understanding of the behavioral intention to use 3G mobile value-added services," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25, pp.103-110. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2008.07.007
- V. S. Lai and H. Li, "Technology Acceptance Model for Internet Banking: an Invariance Analysis," Information & Management, Vol.42, No.2, pp.373-386, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2004.01.007
- J. R. Fu, C. K. Farn, and W. P. Chao, "Acceptance of electronic tax filing: A study of taxpayer intentions," Information & Management, Vol.43, No.1, pp.109-126, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.04.001
- Y. Jung, B. Perez-Mira, and S. Wiley-Patton, "Consumer adoption of mobile TV: Examining psychological flow and media content," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25, No.1, pp.123-129, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2008.07.011
- R. Agarwal and E. Karahanna, "Time Flies When You're Having Fun: Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs about Information Technology Usage," MIS Quarterly, Vol.24, No.4, pp.665-694, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250951
- P. Luarn and H. H. Lin, "Toward an understanding of the behavioral intention to use mobile banking," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.21, No.6, pp.873-891. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2004.03.003
- R. Agarwal, V. Sambamurthy, and R. M. Stair, "Research report: The evolving relationship between general and specific computer self-efficacy - An empirical assessment," Information Systems Research, Vol.11, No.4, pp.418-430, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.11.4.418.11876
- D. Compeau and C. Higgins, "Computer self-efficacy: Development of a measure and initial test," MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, pp.189-211, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249688
- G. M. Marakas, M. Y. Yi, and R. D. Johnson, "The multilevel and multifaceted character of computer self-efficacy: Toward clarification of the construct and an integrative framework for research," Information Systems Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp.126-163, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.9.2.126
- M. S. Eastin and R. L. Rose, "Internet Self-Efficacy and the Psychology of the Digital Devide," J. of Computer mediated Communication, Vol.6, No.1, pp.24-45, 2000.
- M. H. Hsu and C. M. Chiu, "Internet self-efficacy and electronic service acceptance," Decision Support Systems, Vol.38, No.3, pp.369-381, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2003.08.001
- G. Torkzadeh, J. C. J. Chang, and D. Demirhan, "A contingency model of computer and Internet self-efficacy," Information & Management, Vol.43, No.4, pp.541-550, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.02.001
- M. Igbaria and J. Iivari, "The effects of self-efficacy on computer usage," Omega: International J. of Management Science, Vol.23, No.6, pp.587-605, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-0483(95)00035-6
- B. Hasan, "Delineating the effects of general and system-specific computer self-efficacy beliefs on IS acceptance," Information & Management, Vol.43, No.5, pp.565-571, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.11.005
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, and P. R. Warshaw, "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Model," Management Science, Vol.35, No.8, pp.982-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- R. Agarwal and J. Prasad, "Are individual differences germane to the acceptance of new information technologies?," Decision Sciences, Vol.30, No.2, pp.361-391, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1999.tb01614.x
- S. Taylor and P. A. Todd, "Understanding information technology usage: A test of competing models," Information Systems Research, Vol.6, No.2, pp.144-176, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- S. Y. Hung, C. Y. Ku, and C.-M. Chang, "Critical factors of WAP services adoption: an empirical study," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.2, No.1, pp.42-60, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-4223(03)00008-5
- C. H. Liao, C. W. Tsou, and M. F. Huang, "Factors influencing the usage of 3G mobile services in Taiwan," Online Information Review, Vol.31, No.6, pp.759-774, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/14684520710841757
- R. Agarwal and J. Prasad, "A conceptual and operational definition of person innovativeness in the domain of information technology," Information Systems Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp.204-215, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.9.2.204
- D. Gefen, D. W. Straub, and M. C. Boudreau, "Structural equation modelling and regression: Guidelines for research practice," Communications of the AIS, Vol.4, No.7, pp.1-79, 2000.
- C. Fornell and D. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.1, pp.39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Analyzing Impact Factors of User Resistance to Accepting Paid Mobile Application vol.13, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.04.361
- An Empirical Study on the Differences of Relationship between Content Quality Factors and User Satisfaction on Mobile Contents Based on User Characteristics vol.14, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.4.1957