- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Efficient Processing Technique for Unavailable Data in Hardware Implementation of Motion Estimator with Parallel Processing Architecture
움직임 추정기의 병렬처리 구조 하드웨어 구현시비유효 데이터의 효율적인처리 방법
- Published : 2009.02.28
In this paper, we propose the efficient processing technique for unavailable data in hardware implementation of motion estimator in H.264/AVC with parallel processing architecture. Motion estimation processing in the hardware is generally based on pipe-lining, some MV data of neighbor blocks are not available, whereas all MV data are valid in software processing where the data are sequentially processed. In this paper, we solve the problem of data being unavailable in MVp computation. To minimize the quality degradation caused by unavailable MVs, in the proposed method, the unavailable MV of a neighboring block is replaced with an integer pel unit MV, an MVp of neighboring blocks, or an MVcol (MV of co-located block). Comparing to the conventional method , our method outperformed maximally 0.832dB and 0.179dB for QCIF and CIF, respectively, in terms of BDPSNR.
H.264;MPEG4 AVC;Inter Prediction;Motion Estimation;Motion Compensation
- 한국정보통신기술협회, "초단파 디지털라디오 방송(지상파 DMB) 비디오 송수신 정합 표준", Doc. TTAS/KO_07.0026, 2004(8).
- ISO/IEC 14496-10:2003, "Coding of Audio-visual Objects-Part 10: Advanced Video Coding." 2003.
- S. Eckart and C. Fogg, "ISO/IEC MPEG-2 software video codec," Proc. SPIE, Vol.2419, pp.100-118, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.206349
- J. Zhang, Y. He, S. Yang, and Y. Zhong, "Performance and complexity Joint Optimization For H.264 Video Coding," Proceedings of the 2003 International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Vol.2, pp.25-28, 2003(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCAS.2003.1206117
- 이성수, 이원철, "디지털 멀티미디어 방송을 위한 저전력 H.264 복호기 설계", 전자공학회 논문지 : TC, 제44권, 제1호, pp.62-68, 2007.
- F. Dufaux and F. Moscheni, "Motion estimation techniques for digital TV: A review and a new contribution," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol,83, No.6, pp.858-879, 1995(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/5.387089
- Y. W. Huang, "Hardware architecture design for variable block size motion estimation in MPEG-4 AVC/JVT/ITU-T H.264," Proceedings of International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Vol.2, pp.796-799, 2003(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCAS.2003.1206094
- G. Biontegarrd, "Calculation of average PSNR differences between RD-curves," ITU-T, Doc #VCEG-M33, 2001(4).
- L. V. Agostini and S. Bampi, "FPGA Based Architectures for H.264/AVC Video compression Standard," International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, pp.1-2, 2006(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/FPL.2006.311361
- P. Kuhn, Algorithms, Complexity Analysis and VLSI Architectures for MPEG-4 Motion Estimation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
- 최민석, 김종호, 정제창, "움직임 벡터의 시공간적상관도에 따른 효율적인 움직임 추정 기법", 방송공학회논문지, 제12권, 제4호, pp.303-310, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2007.12.4.303