- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the Knowledge of Cervical Cancer and Human Papillomavirus and Preventive Behavior Intention of Female University Students
일부 여대생의 자궁경부암 지식과 인유두종바이러스 지식 및 감염 예방행위의도에 관한 연구
- Published : 2009.12.31
Purpose: This study was conducted to find out how much female university students knew about cervical cancer and Human papillomavirus (HPV) and to develop preventive behavior strategies for HPV infection. Method: In total, 511 students were involved and the assessment was done by means of cervical cancer knowledge questions, HPV knowledge questions and Alert questions. Result: The value regarding the knowledge of cervical cancer and of HPV turned out lower than the median while the degree of HPV prevention behavior intention was approximately mean. The values of the three variables, i.e. the knowledge of cervical cancer, knowledge of HPV, and the degree of preventive behavior intention were higher proportionately, showing a statistically significant difference, as the age of the subjects went higher, as long as they were nursing majors, and were more knowledgeable about HPV (p<.05). The three variables correlated positively (p<.05). Conclusion: Since the lack of knowledge with regard to cervical cancer and HPV is seen to cause a certain portion of female students to be vulnerable to the disease and lead them to a low degree of prevention, it is highly recommended to organize systematic sex education and thereby increase the willingness for preventive actions.
Uterine cervical cancer;Human papillomavirus;Knowledge;intention
- 김성희 (2004). 여성암 조기검진 수검 및 반복 수검실태와 관련요인. 부산대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 부산.
- 박소미, 장순복, 정재원 (2004). 도말검진에 대한 기혼여성들의 인지.정서적 속성 내용 분석. 한국모자보건학회지, 8(1), 37-48.
- 대한산부인과학회 (2007). 2004년 등록된 한국 부인암 년간보고서. 대한산부인과학회지, 50(2), 28-78.
- American Cancer Society. (2006). Overview: cervical cancer. November, 30, 2006, from http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_2_2x_Can_Cancer_of_the_Cervix_Be_Prevented.asp?sitearea=CRI&viewmode=print
- Shin, H. R., Franceschi, S., Vaccarella, S., Roh, J. W., Ju, Y. H., Oh, J. K., & Stole, M. H. (2004). Human papillomaviruses and cervical neoplasia: A model forcarcinogenesis. Int J Gynecol Pathol, 19, 16-18. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004347-200001000-00004
- Wright, T. c., Bosch, F. X., Franco, E. L., Guzick J., Schiller, J. T., & Garnett, G. P. (2006). HPV vaccines and screening in the prevention of cervical cancer: conclusion from a 2006 workshop of international express. Vaccine, 24(3), 251-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2006.06.064
- Bundrick, J. B., Cook, D., & Goustout, B. S. (2005). Screening for cervical cancer and initial treatment of patients with abnormal results from papanicolau testing. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 80(8), 1063-1068. https://doi.org/10.4065/80.8.1063
- Dunne, E. F., Unger, E. R., Sternberg, M., McQuillan G., Swan, D. C., Patel, S. S., & Markowitz, L. E. (2007). “Prevalence of HPV infection among females in the United States”. JAMA, 297(8), 813–819. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.8.813
- 한유정, 이사라, 강은지, 김미경, 김남희, 김현진, 주 웅, 김승철 (2007). 우리나라 10대 후반 여학생들의 자궁경부암, 인유두종바이러스에 대한 지식정도 및 인유두종 바이러스백신 접종에 대한 수용도 조사. 대한산부인과학회지, 50(8), 1090-1099.
- 이경혜, 이영숙, 고명숙, 김성미, 김영희 외 34인 (2004). 여성건강간호학 II-생식기 종양관련 건강 문제. 서울: 현문사.
- 조인숙, 박영숙 (2004). 중년여성의 규칙적인 자궁경부암 검진 이행관련 요인. 대한간호학회지, 34(1), 141-149.
- Blake, D. R., Weber, B. M., & Fletcher, K. E. (2004). Adolescent and young adults women's misunderstanding of the pap smear. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med, 158(10), 966. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.158.10.966
- Breifkopf, K. R., Pearson, H. C., & Breikopt, D. M. (2005). Poor knowledge regarding the Pap test among know income women undergoing routine screening. Perspect Sex Reprod Health, 37(2), 78-84. https://doi.org/10.1363/3707805
- Holmes, K. K., Levine, R., & Weaver, M., (2004). Effectiveness of condoms in preventing sexually transmitted infections. Bull World Health Organ, 82, 454-461
- Parkin, D. M., Bray, F., Ferlay, J., & Pisani, P. (2005). Global cancer statistics, 2002. Cancer J Clinicians, 55, 74-108. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.55.2.74
- 김영복, 노운녕, 이원철, 박용문, 맹광호 (2000). 성인 여성의 자궁경부암 및 유방암 조기검진 수검행위에 영향을 미치는 요인. 보건교육건강증진학회지, 17(1), 155-170.
- 김영탁 (2007). HPV의 자연사와 자궁경부암의 발암기전. 대한산부인과학회지, 55(5), 711-720.
- Winer, R. L., Lee, S. k., Hughes, J. P., Adam, D. E., & Kiviar, N. B. (2003). Genital human papillomavirus infection: incidence and risk factors in a cohort of female university students. Am J Epideminol, 157, 101-106.
- 김찬주, 김병기, 김승철, 김영태, 김용만, 박상윤, 송용상, 이낙우, 이원철, 이재관, 조치흠, 허수영, 박종섭, 이규완 (2007). 한국 젊은 여성의 성생활 양상; HPV 예방 백신 도입을 위한 연구. 부인종양, 18(3), 209-218.
- 최성애 (2001). 의료기관 종사자의 Pap 도말검사 참여지속성 영향요인. 연세대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 서울.
- Giles, M., & Garland, L. (2006). A study of women's knowledge regarding human papillomavirus infection, cervical cancer and human papillomavirus vaccines. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynecol, 46, 311-315. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1479-828X.2006.00598.x
- 김혜원, 안혜영 (2007). 일부 여대생의 인유두종 바이러스 지식에 관한 연구. 여성건강간호학회지, 13(1), 13-20.
- 최경아, 김정혜, 이경순, 오진경, 유선니, 신해림 (2008). 우리나라 성인 여성의 HPV 감염과 HPV 백신 접종에 대한 지식 및 태도 조사. 대한산부인과학회지, 51(6), 617-623.
- Flernandez-Esquer, M. E., & Ross, M. W. (2000). The importance of psychosocial factors in the prevention of HPV infection and cervical cancer. International J STD & AIDS. 11(11), 701-713 https://doi.org/10.1258/0956462001915110
- Effects of a Peer Cervical Cancer Prevention Education Program on Korean Female College Students' Knowledge, Attitude, Self-efficacy, and Intention vol.25, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.736
- Influence of Emotional Labor on Job Satisfaction, Intent to Leave, and Nursing Performance of Clinical Nurses vol.18, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.3.310
- Effect of community-based education to Korean mothers in relation to the prevention of cervical cancer in their daughters: A non-randomized trial 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/jjns.12179
- Effects of Human Papilloma Virus on related Education for Female High School Students vol.13, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2013.13.3.128
- Impact of Nursing Students' Emotional Labor on Burnout during Nursing Practice in a Hospital: Moderating Effect of Emotional Intelligence vol.21, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.77
- Factors Influencing Practices of Health Behavior for Cancer Prevention in University Students vol.14, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.2.109
- Predictors of HPV Vaccination Status in Female Nursing University Students: HPV related Knowledge and Perception vol.29, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2016.29.3.123
- Effects of Work Stress, Compassion Fatigue, and Compassion Satisfaction on Burnout in Clinical Nurses vol.19, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.689
- Effects of Emotional Labor and Communication Competence on Turnover Intention in Nurses vol.20, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.332
- Factors Influencing Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Adoption Stages Based on the Precaution Adoption Process Model vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2015.15.2.89
- Knowledge, Attitudes of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine, and Intention to Obtain Vaccine Among Korean Female Undergraduate Students vol.51, pp.8, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1080/03630242.2011.627091
- Knowledge regarding cervical cancer, human papillomavirus and acceptance of vaccination in Korean adult men vol.19, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.201
- Effects of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Education on College Women's Knowledge, Health Belief, and Preventive Behavior Intention vol.41, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.715
- The effects of an HPV education program by gender among Korean university students vol.35, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2014.12.014
- Knowledge about Cervical Cancer, Health Beliefs and Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Rate in Female University Students vol.11, pp.1, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.1.65
- Related factors of late middle aged women's cancer preventive behaviors in local churches vol.15, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.8.4999
- Influential Factors Related to Job Satisfaction in Hospice Nurses: Focus on Emotional Labor and Burnout vol.20, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.322
- Influences of Hospital Nurses' perceived reciprocity and Emotional Labor on Quality of Nursing Service and Intent to Leave vol.46, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.3.364
- Convergence Study of Knowledge, Health Beliefs and HPV Preventive Behavior Intention about Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) Vaccination among Health College Students vol.13, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.313
- Mothers' HPV-related Knowledge in an Area vol.11, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.3.193
- The Influence of Cervical cancer, HPV knowledge and health beliefs on HPV Vaccination among Undergraduate Students vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7708
- Factors Influencing HPV-related Infection Preventive Behavioral Intention among Female University Students vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.2.126
- Factors influencing the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination of females in their twenties in some Busan areas vol.15, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4212
- The Factor of Influencing Cervical Cancer and Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) Infection Preventive Behavioral Intention of Nursing Students vol.28, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1339
- Knowledge and Health Beliefs about Cervical Cancer among Husbands Married to Immigrant Women vol.14, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.3.173
- A study on Burnout, Emotional labor, and Self-efficacy in Nurses vol.17, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.423
- A Study on the Level of Health Beliefs and Knowledge about Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) Vaccination among Health College Students vol.26, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.2.345