- Volume 10 Issue 1
In this work, the experimental investigation was carried out to evaluate the heat transfer performance on the shell side of shell-and-plate finned tube heat exchanger with three different tube numbers(9, 13 and 19). Oil flowing on the shell side was cooled by cold water flowing inside the tubes. A shell-and-tube heat exchanger of an oil cooler consisted of one shell pass and two tube passes with the inner tube diameter of 8.82 mm and the tube length of 575 mm. Mass flow rate was varied from 1.2 to
- Walker, G.(1990). Industrial Heat Exchangers - A Basic Guide, 2nd ed., Hemisphere Publishing Co., New York.
- Incropera, F. P. and DeWitt, D. P.(1996). Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, 4th ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York.
- Kovarik, M.(1989). Optimal Heat Transfer, J. Heat Transfer III. pp.287-293. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3250676
- Brognaux, L. J., Webb, R. L., Chamra, L. M., and Chung, B. Y.(1997). Single-Phase Heat Transfer in Micro-Fin Tubes, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 40(18). pp.4345-4357. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(97)00078-1
- Han, D. H., and Lee, K. J.(2005). Single-Phase Heat Transfer and Flow Characteristics of Micro-Fin Tubes, Appl. Therm. Eng., 25. pp.1657-1669. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2004.10.015
- Newell, T. A., and Shah, R. K.(1999). Refrigerant Heat Transfer. Pressure Drop, and Void Fraction Effects in Micro Fin Tubes, in: Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Two phase Flow and Experimentation, Edizioni ETS, Italy. 3. pp.1623-1639.
- Webb, R. L.(1994). Principles of Enhanced Heat Transfer, Wiley, New York.
- Kline, S. J., and McClintock, F. A.(1953). Describing uncertainties in single-sample experiments, Mech. Eng. 1. pp.3-8.
- Numerical analysis for heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of "Shell-tube" heat exchanger with various baffle factor vol.38, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.4.367
- Evaluation of Blank Heating Processes by Thermal Stress Analysis vol.16, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4375