- Volume 15 Issue 1
In this paper, we proposed a navigation algorithm of the mobile robot for obstacle avoidance using a circular path planning method. The proposed method makes circular paths in order to avoid obstacles in the front side of the mobile robot. An optimal path for approaching to the target is selected and the linear and angular speeds for stable moving of the mobile robot are controlled. Obstacles are detected by image processing which reduce image data obtained from a web camera. Performance of the proposed algorithm is shown by experiments with application to the Pioneer-2DX mobile robot.
- N. Sariff and N. Buniyamin, "An Overview of Autonomous Mobile Robot Path Planning Algorithms," SCOReD 4th Student Con! Research and Development, pp. 183-188, June, 2006
- Y. Koren and 1. Borenstein, "Potential field methods and their inherent limitations for mobile robot navigation," Proc. of IEEE Con! Robotics and Automation Sacramento, pp. 1398-1404,April,1991,.
- S. S. Ge and Y. 1. Cui, ''New Potential Functions for Mobile Robot Path Planning," IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation,vol. 16, no. 5, October 2000
- D.-H. Kim, 1.-H. Park, and 1.-H. Kim, ''Limit-cycle navigation Intelligence, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2001
- R. Grech and S. G Fabri, "Trajectory Tracking in the Presence of Obstacles Using the Limit Cycle Navigation Method," Proc. ofthe 13th Con! Control and Automation, pp. 101-106, June,2005
- J. Minguez and L. Montano, ''Nearness diagram (ND) navigation-collision avoidance in troublesome scenarios," IEEETrans. of Robotics and Automation, vol. 20, pp. 45-59, Feb. 2004
- S. Vitabile, G Pilato, F. Pullara, and F. Sorbello, "A Navigation System For Vision-Guided Mobile Robots," proc. of International Con! Image Analysis and Processing, pp. 566-571,Sept. 1999
- G Cheng and A. Zelinsky, "Real-Tune Visual Behaviours for Navigating a Mobile Robot," proc. of IEEFJRSJ International Con! Intelligent Robotics and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 973-980, Nov.1996.
- A Mobile Robot Estimating the Real-time Moving Sound Sources by using the Curvature Trajectory vol.20, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1910