- Volume 9 Issue 4
To measure the curvature, in this paper, we investigate an optical curvature sensor based on the fiber Bragg gratings. We observed the variation of the Bragg resonant wavelength shift to measure the curvature change. From the experimental results, we knew that the Brags resonant wavelength shift was lineally increased with the increase of the curvature from
- K. O. Hill and G. Meltz, “Fiber Bragg grating technology fundamentals and overview,” J. Lightwave Technol., vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1263-1276, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/50.618320
- Y. J. Rao, “In-fiber Bragg grating sensors,” Meas. Sci. Technol., vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 355-375, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/8/4/002
- T. Erdogan, "Fiber Grating Spectra," J. Lightwave Technol., vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1277-1294, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/50.618322
- A. Othonos and K. Kalli, Fiber Bragg Gratings Fundamentals and Application in Telecommunication and Sensing, Artech House, 1999.
- M. Mahmoud and Z. Ghassemlood, “Tunable fiber gratings modeling and simulation,” Proceedings of the 36th Annual Simulation Symposium(ANSS) 2003.
- R. W. Waynant and M. N. Ediger, Electro-Optics Handbook, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, pp. 21.7-21.8, 2000.
- M. Ibsen, S. Y. Set, G. S. Goh, and K. Kikuchi,“Broad-band continuously tunable all-fiber DFB lasers,” IEEE Photon Technol. Lett., vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 21-23, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/68.974148
- M. J. Gander, W. N. MacPherson, R. McBride, J. D. C. Jones, L. Zhang, I. Bennion, P. M. Blanchard, J. G. Burnett and A. H. Greenaway, "Bend measurement using Bragg gratings in multicore fibre," Electronics Lett., Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 120-121, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20000157