- Volume 9 Issue 4
This paper presents a simulator developed for effective use of chaff which is widely employing for aircraft protection. We calculate the scattered electric field based on the aircraft and the chaff RCS. Input parameters calculated using Matlab are forwarded to the input module of the presented simulator which provides a three dimensional display fur the three different scenarios.
- B. R. Mahafza, Radar Systems Analysis and Design Using Matlab, Chapman and Hall/CRC, NY, 2000.
- G. D. Curtis Schleher, A Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Boston, 1999.
- Filippo Neri, Introduction to Electronic Defense Systems, Artech Huse, Boston, 1991.
- Leroy B. Van Brunt, Applied ECM, Volume 3, EW Engineering, Inc. VA, 1982.
- CST of America, "An Integral Equation solver for Military Applications," Military Microwaves, Microwave Journal, pp. 52-54, Aug. 2007.
- D. B. Davidson, Computational Electromagnetics for RF and Microwave Engineering, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- T. D. Shirman, Computer simulation of Aerial TargetRadar Scattering, Recognition, Detection, and Tracking, Artech House, 2002.
- 임중수, 김민년, 채규수, "항공기용 다이폴 채프의 RCS에 관한 연구," 한국산학기술학회논문지, 9권, 3호, pp. 690-694, June 2008.
- P. Pouliguen, O. Bechu and J. L. Pinchot, "Simulation of chaff cloud radar cross section," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, vol. 3A, pp. 80-83, July 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/APS.2005.1552180
- Sherman W. Marcus, "Dynamics and radar cross section density of chaff clouds," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic System, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 93-102, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2004.1292145
- Z. D. Zaharis and J. N. Sahalos, "On the electromagnetic scattering of chaff cloud," Electrical Engineering 85, pp. 129-135, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-003-0158-6
- T. A. Winchester, "Pulsed radar return from a chaff cloud," IEE proceedings-F, vol. 139, no. 4, pp. 315-320, Aug. 1992.
- R. A. Hessemer, Jr., "Scatter communication with radar chaff," IRE Trans. on Antenna and Propagation, pp. 211-217, March 1961.