- Volume 9 Issue 4
We proposed an embedded capacitor with the unique electrode structure, which electrodes are located on the same plane and dielectric gap was formed by electrodes. We named it 'Gap type EC', and it was analyzed by the FEM(Finite element Method) program tool. The resonant frequency of Cap type EC was obtained at more higher frequency region. Also, resonant frequency was changed with the magnitude and thickness of electrodes. The Gap type EC with the dielectric gap of
Embedded Capacitor;ESL;ESR;Resonant Frequency
- C. S. Ryu, "Embedded PCB Technology and Market Trend", KPCA Show International Symposium Proceeding, 2005.
- Manoj kumr Damani, "Physics Based Reliability Assessment of Embedded Passives", Master Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004.
- R. Ulrich, "Integrated Passive component technology", IEEE Press, pp.55-74, 2003.
- 홍순관, “PCB용 임베디드 캐패시터에 관한 연구”, 대한전자공학회지, Dec. 2005.
- R. K. Ulrich, W. D. Brown, "Advanced Electronic Packaging", pp 349, 2005.
- L. Wan, P. M. Raj, Et al., "Embedded Decoupling Capacitor Performance in High Speed Circuits", Electronic Components and Technology Conference Proceedings 55th Vol.2, pp.1617-1622, 2005.
- J. W. Choi, "Noise Suppression and Isolation in Mixed-signal System using Alternating Impedance Electromagnetic Bandgap Structure", Thesis degree Doctor of Philosophy, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006.