- Volume 9 Issue 4
It is important to investigate the relationship between weld process parameters and weld bead geometry for adaptive arc robot welding. Howeve, it is difficult to predict an exact back-bead owing to gap in process of butt welding. In this paper, the quantitative prediction system to specify the relationship external weld conditions and weld bead geometry was developed to get suitable back-bead in butt welding which is widely applied on industrial field. Multiple regression analysis for the prediction of process parameters was used as the research method. And, the results of the prediction method were compared and analyzed.
Gas Metal Arc Welding;Back-Bead;Width of Back-Bead;Depth of Back-Bead;Laser Vision Sensor;Multiple Regression Analysis
- J. B. Lee, Y. W. Bang, S. W. Oh and H. S. Chan, 1997, “Control of Bead Geometry in GMAW”, Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 116-123.
- W. H. Kim and S. J. Na, 1997, "Numerical Analysis of Weldment by Considering the Convection of Welding Arc and Weld Pool", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 26-35.
- J. H. Ahn, and J. W. Kim, "A study on the Back Bead Control by Using Short Circuit Frequency in GMA Welding of Sheet Metal", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 330-339.
- I. S. Kim, W. H. Kwon and C. E. Park, 1996, "The Effects of Welding Process Parameters on Weld Bead Width in GMAW Processes", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 33-42.
- I. S. Kim, 1997, “A Development of Mathematical Models for Prediction of Optimal Weld Bead Geometry for GMA Welding", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 250-259.
- T. G. Lim, H. S. Cho and K. S. Boo, 1994, “Control of Weld Pool Size in GMA Welding Process using Neural Network”, Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 59-72.
- Takagi, T., and Segeno, M., (1985)," Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control", IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.116-132.
- Cook, G. E., Andersen K., and Barnett, R. J., (1986), " Keynote address: Feedback and adaptive control in welding", Proceedings of an International Conference on Trends in Welding Research, Gatlinburg, USA, 18-22, pp.891-903.
- Raveendra, J., and Parmar, R. S., (1987), " Mathematical models to predict weld bead geometry for flux cored arc welding", Metal Construction, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.31R-35R.
- Chandel, R. S., (1988), "Mathematical modeling of as metal arc weld features", Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Modeling of Casting and Welding Processes, April, pp.109-120.
- Yang, L. J., Chandel, R. S., and Bibby, M. J., (1993), "The effects of process variables on the weld deposit area of submerged arc welds", Welding Journal, Vol. 72, No. 1, pp.11-s-18-s.
- Park, J. W., (2007), "Computational modeling to predict the welding deformation in steel structures", Transactions of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 96-102.
- Lee, J. S. and Kim, S. H., (2001), "Thermal analysis of continuous coating welding-coated mild", Transactions of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 7-12.