- Volume 9 Issue 4
The dynamic interaction between the moving mass and the rotating Timoshenko shaft is investigated. The moving speed of the mass is presented by a constraint equation related to the rotating speed of the shaft. The dimensionless equations of motion for the rotating shaft with a moving mass by using the Timoshenko's beam theory. The dynamic responses of this system are studied. influences of dimensionless parameters such as the rotating speed ratio. the Rayleigh coefficient and the dimensionless axial force are discussed on the transient response and the maximum deflection of the moving system.
Moving mass;Rotating shaft
- Fryba L.(1972), Vibration of Solids and Structures Under Moving Loads, Noordhoff International, Groningen, Netherlands.
- Ting, E. C., Genin, J. and Ginsberg, J. H.(1974), "A General Algorithm for Moving Mass Problems," J. of Sound and Vibration, Vol.33(1), pp.90-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(74)80072-6
- Akin, J. E. and Mofied, M.(1989), "Numerical Solution for Response of Beam with Moving Mass," Journal of Structure Engineering, Vol. 115, No. 1, pp. 120-131. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1989)115:1(120)
- Cifuentes, A. O.(1989), "Dynamic Response of a Beam Excited by a Moving Mass," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 5, pp.49-58.
- Stanisic, M. M.(1985), "On a New Theory of the Dynamic Behavior of the Structures Carrying Moving Masses," Ingenieur-Archive, Vol. 56, pp.175-185. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00536412
- Ansari, K. A. and Baugh, J. W. Jr.(1986), "Dynamics of a Balloting Projectile in a Moving Gun Tube," BRL-CR-605.
- Soifer, M. T. and Becker, R. S.(1984), "Projectile Motion in a Flexible Gun Tube," BRL-CR-536.
- Park, Y. S. and Hong, S. C.(2005), "Torsional Vibration of a Hollow Shaft subjected to a Moving Mass," Transaction of KSNVE, Vol.15, No.8, pp.975-979. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2005.15.8.975
- Katz R., Lee C. W. Ulsoy A. G., Scott R.A., (1988), "The Dynamic Response of a Rotating shaft subject to a Moving Load," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.122(1), pp.131-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(88)80011-7
- Lee H. P.(1995), "Dynamic Response of a Rotating Timoshenko Shaft subject to Axial Forces and Moving Loads," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.181(1), pp.169-177. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1995.0132
- Lee H. P.(1996), "Dynamic Response of a Timoshenko Beam subject to a Moving Mass," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.198(2), pp.249-256. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1996.0567
- Gu U. C., Cheng C. C(2004), "Vibratioin Analysis of a High-speed Spindle under the Action of a Moving Mass," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.278(4-5), pp.1131-1146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2003.10.034
- Cowper G. R.(1966), "The shear coefficient in Timoshenko's beam theory," J. of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 33. pp.335-340. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3625046
- Park, Y. S. and Hong, S. C.(2007), "Nondimensional Parameter Study of a Timoshenko Rotating Shaft Subjected to Moving Mass and Compressive Axial Forces," Transaction of KSNVE, Vol.17, No.12, pp.1201-1207. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2007.17.12.1201