- Volume 19 Issue 6
The Synthesis and Characterization of Thin Film for Anti-Glare Using Silica Particles
실리카 입자를 이용한 눈부심 방지용 박막의 제조 및 특성
- Ahn, Jae-Beom (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Noh, Si-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2008.08.25
- Accepted : 2008.10.04
- Published : 2008.12.10
The effect of filler type and dispersion time on thin film characterization is studied. Hollow silica powders which have the advantage of transmittance are selected. In this paper, the characterization of haze, transmittance, and gloss are analyzed in terms of filler concentration and coating thickness, respectively. As a result, the value of haze and gloss increased with increasing of filler concentration and coating thickness, respectively. In addition, the variation of transmittance by filler concentration and coating thickness is not occurred. In conclusion, it is assumed that hollow silica powders as a filler have an advantage of concentration increment and transmittance.
- M. Onodera, H. Matsuda, H Mori, and T. Ito, A Color display tube with a high contrast and anti-reflection coating, SID 94 DIGEST, 823-826 (1994).
- B. E. Yoldas, Investigation of porous oxides as an anti-reflective coating for glass surfaces, Appl. Optics, 19, 1425 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.19.001425
- C. L. Chang and H. S. Fogler. Controlled Formation of silica Particles from Tetraethyl Orthosilicate in Nonionic Water-in-Oil Miocroemulsion. Langmuir, 13. 3295 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1021/la961062z
- F. J. Arriagada and K. Osseo-Asare, Phase and dispersion stability effects in the synthesis of silica nanoparticles in a non-ionic reverse microemulsion, Colloids Surf., 69, 105 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-6622(92)80221-M
- L. C. Klein and S.-G. Technology for Thin Films, Fibers, Preforms, Electronics, and Specialty Shapes, Noyes Publications, pp. 49-138 (1988).
- T. Kawamura, H. Kawamura, and K. Kobara, Anti-reflection coating for inner surface of CRT faceplate, SID 91 DIGEST, 49-52 (1991).
- F. C. Stedile and B. A. S. De Barros, Jr., Characterization of Tin Oxide Thin Films Deposited by Reactive Sputtering, Thin Solid Films, 170, 285 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(89)90734-7
- C. J. Brinker and G. W. Scherer. Sol-Gel Science. Academic press. San Diego. (1990).
- P. C. Hiemenz, Principles of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York (1986).
- D. L. Dunkelberger and S. Fitzwater, ANTEC, 725 (1989).
- S. Kobayashi, H. Shibata, and Y. Takahashi, IDW'99, 391 (1999).
- G. R. Fowles, Introduction to Modern Optics, 2nd Ed. Dover Publications Inc., New York (1975).
- R. K. Iler, The chemistry of silica. wiley. New York (1979).