- Volume 19 Issue 6
Preparation of Glass Beads as Tire Balancing Materials
타이어 밸런싱용 글래스 비드의 제조
- Shin, Kyung Soo (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Hong, Seong Uk (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Lee, Kyu Chang (Any Balance)
- Received : 2008.06.23
- Accepted : 2008.10.17
- Published : 2008.12.10
Tire is one of the key components in automobiles. Especially, most vibrations during driving are resulted from the im-balancing of tire-wheel composites. In this study, this problem has been solved by using glass beads as a balancing material. In addition, the glass beads are coated using several materials to reduce the tendency of aggregation of glass beads.
tire balancing;glass beads;coating material
Supported by : 한밭대학교 화학소재상용화지역혁신센터(IACM RIC)
- U. S. Patent 6,2,49,971 (2001).
- U. S. Patent 7,360,846 (2008).
- H. W. Kim, Tire Engineering, Golden Bell, Seoul (2000).
- U. S. Patent 6,128,952 (2000).
- U. S. Patent 5,766,501 (1998).