- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of corrugated sheets exposed to fire
- Sokol, Zdenek (Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University) ;
- Wald, Frantisek (Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University) ;
- Kallerova, Petra (Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University)
- Received : 2007.10.02
- Accepted : 2008.06.03
- Published : 2008.06.25
This paper presents results of fire tests on corrugated sheets used as load bearing structure of roofs of industrial buildings. Additional tests of bolted sheet connections to the supporting structure at ambient and elevated temperatures are described. Three connection types were tested and their resistance, stiffness and deformation capacity was evaluated. Finite element simulations of the corrugated sheet based on the experimental observations are briefly described and design models are presented.
corrugated sheet;fire resistance;bolted connection;experiments
- EN 1363-1 (2000), Fire resistance tests. Part 1. General requirements. CEN, Brussels.
- EN 1993-1-2 (2005), Eurocode 3. Design of steel structures. Part 1-2. General rules. Structural fire design. CEN, Brussels.
- Huzl J. (2002), Vodorovna nosna konstrukce, skladany st esni plast'. Protokol o zkousce pozarni odolnosti Pr-02-02.014, 02.043. (Research report on fire test No. Pr-02-02.014, 02.043. In Czech). Veseli n. L., PAVUS.
- Lawson R.M., Burgan B. and Newman G.M. (1993), Building design using cold formed steel section, fire protection, Publication No. P129, SCI, London.
- Outinen, J. and Mäkeläinen, P. (2002), "High-temperature strength of structural steel and residual strength after cooling down", Proceedings of Stability and Ductility of Steel Structures, Akademiai Kiado, Budapest.
- Ranby A. (1998), "Structural fire design of thin walled steel sections", J. Const. Steel Res., 46, 1-3. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(98)00089-3
- Rondal J. (2003), Lesson 2. Design of Cold-Formed Steel Sections, CISM Course, CISM, Udine.
- Sokol Z. and Vacha J. (2002), "Numericka simulace trapezoveho plech za zvysenych teplot. Vyzkumna zprava. (Numerical simulation of corrugated sheets at elevated temperature, Research report. In Czech), Kovove profily, Praha.
- Sokol Z. (2005), Experimenty spripoji trapezovych plechu, Cast 2 Zkousky za zvysene teploty. Vyzkumna zprava (Experiments with connectionsf corrugated sheets. Part 2. Tests at elevated temperature. In Czech). Praha, CVUT.
- Sokol Z and Kallerova P. (2006), Experimenty spripoji kazetove steny. Zkousky za zvysene teploty. Vyzkumna zprava (Experiments with connections of thin-walled sheets. Tests at ambient and elevated temperatures. In Czech). Praha:CVUT.
- Temperature and Structural Analysis of Omega Clip pp.2093-6311, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-019-00210-w