- Volume 41 Issue 5
Groundwater Vulnerability of Some Cemeteries in Gyeonggi Province
경기도 일부 공원묘역의 지하수 오염가능성
- Lee, Jae-Hwang (Dept. of Environ. Horticulture, The University of Seoul) ;
- Lee, Jun-Soo (Dept. of Environ. Horticulture, The University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Kye-Hoon (Dept. of Environ. Horticulture, The University of Seoul)
- Received : 2008.04.13
- Accepted : 2008.06.25
- Published : 2008.10.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the vulnerability for groundwater contamination at the some cemeteries in Gyeonggi Province. Twenty-eight out of 43 cemeteries in Gyeonggi province were selected for this study. The DRASTIC model was applied to those cemeteries, and the reliance of the model was assessed using the water quality data of the target areas. The DRASTIC model was used for the assessment of the potential for groundwater contamination using hydrogeological factors. Seven factors including depth of water, net recharge, aquifer media, soil media, topography, impact of the vadose zone, hydraulic conductivity of the aquifer were assessed. The DRASTIC index of the study area ranged from 82 to 126 with an average value of
Supported by : 서울시립대학교
- Hamm, S.Y., J.Y. Cheong, M.J. Kim, I.S. Kim, and H.S. Hwang. 2004. Assessing Groundwater Vulnerability Using DRASTIC Method and Groundwater Quality in Changwon City. Economic and Environmental Geology 37(6):631-645.
- Jo, S.B., and H.W. Shon. 2004. A Study on The Prediction of Groundwater Contamination Using GIS. Journal of Korean Geophysical Society 7(2):121-135.
- Kim, K.T. 2003. A Suggestion for the Determination of CN Using Detailed Soil Map. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 36(4):45-53. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2003.36.1.045
- Lee, S.H., and S.K. Bae. 2003. Estimation of Groundwater Recharge Rate by SCS-CN Method in Wicheon Basin. Journal of Nakdonggang Environmental Research Institute 8(1):177-183.
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) NRCS (Natural Resource Conservation Service). 1997. National engineering handbook part 630-hydrology.
- Kim, R.O. 1970. Water Balance of Korea According to Thornthwaite's Method. The Journal of the Korean Geographical Society 5(1):14-30.
- Lee, Y.D, and H.K. Song. 2006. A Study on Vulnerability of Groundwater Pollution for Western Area in Jeju Island. Proceedings of Biannual Conference for Korean Society of Groundwater and Soil Environment p.316-318.
- Ettazarini, S., and N.E. Mahmouhi 2004. Vulnerability mapping of the turonian limestone aquifer in the phosphates plateau. Environmental geology 46(1):113-117.
- MOHW (Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs). 2003. A Funeral Service Information. Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs.
- Herlinger, R., and A.P. Viero. 2007. Groundwater vulnerability assessment in coastal plain of Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil, using drastic and adsorption capacity of soils. Environmental geology 52:819-829. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-006-0518-4
- Han J.S. 2000. Groundwater Environment and Pollution. p.703-711. Pakyoungsa, Seoul, Korea.
- Piscopo, Gennaro. 2001. Groundwater vulnerability map explanatory notes. NSW department of land and water conservation.
- Aller, L., T. Bennett, J.H. Lehr, R.J. Petty, and G. Hackkett 1987. DRASTIC: A standard system for evaluating groundwater pollution potential using hydrogeologic settings. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/600/2-87/035.
- Park, J.S., K.H. Kim, M.W. Jeon, and J.S. Kim. 1999. Estimation Methods of Groundwater Recharge Rate in Small Basin. Journal of Korean Society of Groundwater Environment 6(2):76-86.
- Lee, B.J, and D.H. Bae. 2003. Runoff Curve Number Estimation for Cover and Treatment Classification of Satellite Image (II): - Application and Verification. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 36(6):999-1012. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2003.36.6.999
- Hamm, S.Y., J.Y. Cheong, H.S. Kim, J.S. Han, and Y.H. Cha. 2005. Groundwater flow modeling in a riverbank filtration area, Deasan- Myeon, Changwon City. Economic and Environmental Geology 38(1):67-78.
- Min, K.D., Y.H. Lee, S.R. Lee, Y.J. Kim, and J.S. Han. 1996. Analysis of Groundwater Pollution Potential and Development of Graphic User Interface using DRASTIC System. Journal of Korean Society of Groundwater Environment 3(2):101-109.
- Jin, E.J. 2001. A Study on the Hydrologic Change Analysis by Urbanization- Focused on Detention Storage Estimation Using SCS method. Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, S.R., and S.H. Choi. 1997. Groundwater Pollution Susceptibility Assessment of Younggwang Area Using GIS Technique. Journal of Korean Society of Groundwater Environment 4(4):223-230.
- Al-zabet, T. 2002. Evaluation of aquifer vulnerability to contamination potential using the DRASTIC method. Environmental geology 43:203-208. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-002-0645-5
- Jeong, J.H., S.P. Jang, H.I. Kim, H.T. Jeong, K.S. Hue, and H. Park. 1995. Classification of Hydrologic Soil Group for Runoff Potential. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 37(6):12-32.
- Lee, S.R., and Y.J. Kim. 1996. Analysis of Groundwater Pollution Potential and Risk using DRASTIC System. Journal of GIS Association of Korea 4(1):1-11.
- Fredrick, K.C., M.W. Becker, D.M. Flewelling, W. Silavisesrith, and E.R. Hart. 2004. Enhancement of aquifer vulnerability indexing using the analytic element method. Environmental geology 45(8):1054-1061. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-004-0973-8
- Jo, S.B, K.D. Min, N.C. Woo, and S.R. Lee. 1999. A Study on Groundwater Contamination Potential of Pyungtaek-Gun Area, Kyunggi-Do Using GIS. Journal of Korean Society of Groundwater Environment 6(2):87-94.