- Volume 41 Issue 5
Effect of Different Soil Managements on Physical Properties and Microbial Activities in Citrus Orchard Soil
초생재배가 감귤원 토양의 물리성과 미생물 활성에 미치는 영향
- Joa , Jae-Ho (National Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, RDA) ;
- Lee , Jong-Hee (Yeongnam Agricultural Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Won , Hung-Yon (National Institute of Agricultural Science & Technology, RDA) ;
- Han , Seung-Gap (National Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, RDA) ;
- Lim , Han-Cheol (National Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, RDA)
- Received : 2008.08.16
- Accepted : 2008.10.02
- Published : 2008.10.30
This study was performed to investigate effect of different soil managements on physical properties and microbial activities in volcanic ash citrus orchard soil. Experiment plots had managed to control weeds on soil for 4 years with clean cultivation (CCM) used with herbicide, natural sod cultivation (NSCM), kentucky blue grass sod cultivation (KBG). Soil samples were taken on October, in both 1998 and 2000 from 3 experimental plots. In NSCM, Soil hardness was lower at 11.8 mm than in CCM. And water stable Aggregation coefficient(>0.5 mm) was high at 26.7% compared with CCM. Soil bulk density and porosity showed no significant among the treatments. Soil acid phosphatase was high in sod cultivation plots and the amount of microbial biomass C was about twice higher at
Sod cultivation;Citrus;PLFA;Microbial biomass C;Acid phosphatase
- Bligh, E. G. and W. J. Dyer. 1959. A rapid method for total lipid extraction and purification. Can. J. Biochem. Physiol. 37:911-917. https://doi.org/10.1139/o59-099
- Franzluebbers, A. J., S. F. Wright, and J. A. Stuedemann. 2000. Soil aggregation and glomalin under pastures in the southern piedmont USA. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 64:1018-1026. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2000.6431018x
- Fraser, D. G., J. W. Doran, W. W. Sahs, and G. W. Lesoing. 1988. Soil microbial populations and activities under conventional and organic management. J. Environ. Qual. 17:585-590. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq1988.00472425001700040011x
- Huttova, J., L. Tamas, and I. Mistrik. 2002. Aluminium induced acid phosphatase activity in roots of Al-sensitive and Al-tolerant barley varieties. ROSTLINNA V ROBA. 48:556-559.
- Lothar Beyer. 1995. Soil microbial biomass and organic matter composition in soils under cultivation. Biol. Fert. Soils. 19:197- 202. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00336159
- Mader, P., A. Fliebach, D. Dubois, L. Gunst, P. Fried, and U. Niggli. 2002. Soil fertility and biodiversity in organic farming. Science v.296, n. 5573.
- Marschner, P., P. F. Grierson, and Z. Rengel. 2005. Microbial community composition and functioning in the rhizosphere of three Banksia species in native woodland in Western Australia. Appl. Soil Ecol. 28:191-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsoil.2004.09.001
- Shin, J. S., P. S. Lee, G. J. Park, and I. S. Yun. 1990. Trials of the utilization method in mixtures swards II. Effects of grazing and cutting management on forage quality and soil hardness. J. Korean Soc. Grassland Sci. 10:96-101.
- Xu, D. M., W. L. Liu, G. S. Liu, and W. P. Liu. 2007. Effects of Hg and Cu on the activities of soil acid phosphatase. J. Zhejiang University - Science A. 8:1157-1163. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.2007.A1157
- Vance, E. D., P. C. Brookes, and D. S. Jenkinson. 1987. Microbial biomass measurements in forest soils : the use of the chlroroform fumigation incubation method in strongly acid soils. Soil Biol. Biochem. 19:697-702. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(87)90051-4
- Kim, S. Y., H. W. Oh, D. K. Moon, H. R. Han, and J. B. Chung. 1998. Seasonal changes in colonization and spore density of arbuscular-mycorrhizae in citrus groves. Korean J. Environ. Agri. 17:174-181.
- Kim, L. Y., H. J. Cho, and K. H. Han. 2004. Changes of physical properties of soils by organic material application in farm land. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:304-314.
- Lee, S. K., J. S. Suh, J. H. Mun, and C. H. Song. 1988. Studies on identification and enumeration of soil microorganisms in mineral and volcanic ash soil of the Jeju island. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 21:135-140.
- Lynne, C. B., D. S. Peter, J. L. Mike, and E. S. Tom. 2003. Soil microbial properties under permanent grass, conventional tillage, and no-till management in south Dakota. Soil Till. Res. 71:15-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-1987(02)00158-7
- 岩堀修一, 文屈一巨. 1999. カソキシ總說.
- Yoon, B. J., S. H. Kim, D. H. Lee, K. H. Oh, and H. Y. Kahng. 2003. Evaluating the impacts of long-term use of agricultural chemicals on a soil ecosystem by structural analysis of bacterial community. Korean J. Micro. 39:260-266.
- Ishii, T., I. Matsumoto, Y. H. Shrestha, L. H. Wamocho, and K. Kadoya. 1998. Observation of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal formation in the roots of some seasonal weeds proliferated in citrus orchards. J. Japan. Soc. Hort. Sci. 67:556-558. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.67.556
- Allison, V. J., R. M. Miller, J. D. Jastrow, R. Matamala, and D. R. Zak. 2005. Changes in soil microbial community structure in a tallgrass prairie chronosequence. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 69:1412-1421. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2004.0252
- 심상철. 1999. 토양비료 개론. 선진문화사.
- Song, Kwan Cheol. 1990. Andic properties of major soils in Cheju island. Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University. Suwon, Korea.
- Clegg, C. D. 2006. Impact of cattle grazing and inorganic fertiliser additions to managed grasslands on the microbial community composition of soils. Appl. Soil Ecol. 31:73-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsoil.2005.04.003
- Song, Gi Cheol. 2001. Theory and practice of cover crops growing in orchard. Korean J. Org. Agri. 9:96-112.
- Li, W. H., C. B. Zhang, H. B. Jiang, G. R. Xin, and Z. Y. Yang. 2006. Changes in soil microbial community associated with invasion of the exotic weed Mikania micrantha H.B.K. Plant Soil. 281:309-324. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-005-9641-3
- RDA. 1988. Methods for chemical analysis of soil. Institute of Agricultural Technology.
- Alice, W. R., D. B. Matt, and J. S. Carol. 2006. Changes in microbial community structure following herbicide (glyphosate) additions to forest soils. Appl. Soil Ecol. 34:114-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsoil.2006.03.002