- Volume 21 Issue 2
This study was designed to develop microencapsulated Korean mistletoe extract, to determine the stability in vitro and to examine its application in milk. Coating materials used were polyglycerol monostearate (PGMS) and medium-chain triacylglyderol (MCT). The highest efficiency of microencapsulation was 78.3% with 15:1:40 (w/w/v) as PGMS : mistletoe extract : distilled water and 66.1% with 15:1 (w/w) as MCT : mistletoe extract. The size of microcapsule was about 30.0 and
Microencapsulation;Korean Mistletoe Extract;Polyglycerol Monostearate;Medium-chain Triacylglycerol;Milk
- Jackson, L. S. and K. Lee. 1991. Microencpasulated iron food fortification. J. Food Sci. 56:1047-1050. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb14638.x
- Gabius, H. J., S. Gabius and S. S. Joshi. 1994. Form ill-defined to the immunomodulatory lectin: will there be a reason for oncological of mistletoe: Planta Med. 60:2-7. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2006-959396
Hajto, T., K. Hostanska, and H. J. Gabius. 1989. Modulatory potency of the
$\beta$-galactosidase-specific lectin from mistletoe (lscador) on the host defense system in vivo in rabbits and patients. Cancer Res. 49:4803-4808.
- Franz, H. 1991. In: Advances in lectin research (Ed. H. Franz, Kichi Kasai, J. Kochaurek, S. Olsnes, L. M. Shannon). pp. 4:33-50. Verlag Gesundheit and Springer Verlag, Berlin.
- Braun, S. D. and N. F. Olson. 1986. Encapsulation of proteins and peptides in milk fat. Encapsulation efficiency and temperature and freezing stability. J. Microencapsulation 3(2):115-126. https://doi.org/10.3109/02652048609031566
- Bersen'eva, E. A., A. A. Inanov, T. P. Sansonova, E. M. Chernova, and N. I. Oragvelidze. 1990. Microencapsulated aromatizers for tea. Pishchevaya Paomyshlennost, USSR 1:57-59.
- Kwak, H. S., K. M. Yang and J. Ahn. 2003. Microencpasulated iron for milk fortification. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:7770-7774. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf030199+
- Magee, E. L. Jr. and N. F. Olson. 1981a. Microencapsulation of cheese ripening systems: Formation of microcapsules. J. Dairy Sci. 64:600-610. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(81)82618-5
Kwak, H. S., M. R. Ihm and J. Ahn. 2001. Microencapsulation of
$\beta$-galactosidase with fatty acid esters. J. Dairy Sci. 84:1576-1582. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(01)74590-0
- Kuttan, G. 1993. Tumoricidal activity of mouse peripheral macrophages treated with Viscum album extract. Immunol. Investig. 22:431-440. https://doi.org/10.3109/08820139309063421
- Kwaja, T. A., C. B. Dias and S. Pentecost. 1986. Recent studies on the anticancer activities of mistletoe (Viscum album) and its alkaloids. Oncology 43:42-50. https://doi.org/10.1159/000226419
Kim, N. C., B. J. Jeon, J. Ahn and H. S. Kwak. 2006. In vitro study of microencapsulated isoflavone and
$\beta$-galactosidase. J. Agric. Food Chem. 54:2582-2586. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf052369j
- Park, C. H., D. W. Lee, T. B. Kang, K. H. Lee, T. J. Yoon, J. B. Kim, M. S. Do and S. K. Song. 2001. cDNA cloning and sequence analysis of the lectin genes of the Korean mistletoe (Viscum album coloratum). Mol. Cells 12:215-220.
- SAS. 1985. User's Guide: Statistics, Version 5 Edition. SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC
- Magee, E. L. Jr. and N. F. Olson. 1981b. Microencapsulation of cheese ripening systems: Stability of microcapsules. J. Dairy Sci. 64:611-615. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(81)82619-7
- Lee, J. B., J. Ahn, J. H. Lee and H. S. Kwak. 2003. The microencapsulated ascorbic acid released in vitro and its effect on iron bioavailability. Arch. Pharm. Res. 26:874-879. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02980035
- Yoon, T. J., Y. C. Yoo, O. B. Choi, M. S. Do, T. B. Kang, S. W. Lee, I. Azuma and J. B. Kim. 1995. Inhibitory effect of Korean mistletoe (Viscum album coloratum) extract on tumor angiogenesis and metastasis of haematogenous and nonhaematogenous tumor cells in mice. Cancer Lett. 97:83-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3835(95)03956-W
- Stoeva, S., M. Franz, R. Wacker, R. Krauspenhaar, E. Guthohrlein, A. Mikhailov, C. Betzel and W. Voelter. 2001. Promary structure, isoforms, and molecular modeling of a chitinbinding mistletoe lectin. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 392:23-31. https://doi.org/10.1006/abbi.2001.2429
- Choi, H. J., J. Ahn, N. C. Kim and H. S. Kwak. 2006. The effects of microencapsulated chitooligosaccharide on physical and sensory properties of the milk. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19:1347-1353. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1347
- Yoon, T. J., Y. C. Yoo, T. B. Kang, E. Her, S. H. Kim, K. Kim, I. Azuma and J. B. Kim. 2001. Cellular and humoral adjuvant activity of lectins isolated from Korean mistletoe (Viscum album coloratum). Int. Immunopharmacol. 1:881-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-5769(01)00024-8
- Yoon, T. J., Y. C. Yoo, T. B. Kang, K. Shimazaki, S. K. Song, K. H. Lee, S. H. Kim, C. H. Park, I. Azuma and J. B. Kim. 1999. Lectins isolated from Korean mistletoe (Viscum album coloratum) induce apoptosis in tumor cells. Cancer Lett. 136:33-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3835(98)00300-0
- Encapsulation of health-promoting ingredients: applications in foodstuffs vol.67, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1080/09637486.2016.1205552
Supported by : Small & Medium Business Administration (SMBA)