- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dietary Energy Concentration and Lysine on the Digestible Energy Ratio for Apparent Amino Acid Digestibility in Finishing Barrows
- Cho, S.B. (Animal Nutrition and physiology division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, H.J. (Animal Nutrition and physiology division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Chung, I.B. (Animal Nutrition and physiology division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Long, H.F. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Lim, J.S. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Y.Y. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Han, In K. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and life Sciences, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2006.05.27
- Accepted : 2007.04.03
- Published : 2008.02.01
This experiment was performed to investigate the effects of two energy levels and four lysine:digestible energy (DE) ratios on the apparent digestibility of nutrients in finishing pigs. The experiment was conducted using a
Barrows;Lysine:DE Ratio;Amino Acid Digestibility;Urinary Nitrogen
- Urynek, W. and L. Buraczewska. 2003. Effect of dietary energy concentration and apparent ileal digestible lysine: metabolizable energy ratio on nitrogen balance and growth performance of young pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 81:1227. https://doi.org/10.2527/2003.8151227x
- Knabe, D. A., D. C. LaRue, E. J. Gregg, G. M. Martinez and T. D. Tanksley, Jr. 1989. Apparent digestibility of nitrogen and amino acids in protein feedstuffs by growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 67:441. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1989.672441x
- Lawrence, B. V., O. Adeola and T. R. Cline. 1994. Nitrogen utilization and lean growth performance of 20- to 50- kilogram pigs fed diets balanced for lysine:energy ratio. J. Anim. Sci. 72:2887. https://doi.org/10.2527/1994.72112887x
- Nam, D. S. and F. X. Aherne. 1994. The effect of lysine:energy ratio on the performance of weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 72:1247. https://doi.org/10.2527/1994.7251247x
- NRC. 1998. Nutrient Requirements of Swine. (10th Ed.). National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Rudolph, B. C., L. S. Boggs, D. A. Knabe, T. D. Tanksley, Jr. and S. A. Anderson. 1983. Digestibility of nitrogen and amino acids in soybean products for pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 57:373. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1983.572373x
- Heger, J. and Z. Frydrich. 1985. Efficiency of utilization of essential amino acids in growing rats at different levels of intake. Br. J. Nutr. 54:499-509. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19850135
- Holmes, J. H. G., H. S. Bayley, P. A. Leadbeater and F. D. Hormey 1974. Digestion of protein in the small intestine and large intestine of the pig. Br. J. Nutr. 32:479. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19740102
- Jorgensen, H., W. C. Sauer and P. A. Thacker. 1984. Amino acid availabilities in soybean meal, sunflower meal, fish meal and meat and bone meal fed to growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 58:926. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1984.584926x
- Jung, H. J., J. H. Kim, K. S. Sohn and In K. Han. 1999. Effects of lysine:DE ratio on growth performance and nutrients digestibilities in growing pigs. Koran J. Anim. Sci. 41:435.
- Eggum, B. O. 1973. A study of certain factors influencing protein utilization in feedstuffs in rats and pigs. Ph.D. Thesis Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Gahl, M. J., M. D. Finke, T. D. Crenshaw and N. J. Benevenga. 1991. Use of a four-parameter logistic equation to evaluate the response of growing rats to ten levels of each indispensable amino acid. J. Nutr. 121:1720-1729. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/121.11.1720
- Han, I. K., K. N. Heo, I. S. Shin and H. Lee. 1995. Protein sparing effect and amino acid digestibilities of supplemental lysine and methionine in weanling pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 8(4):393-402. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1995.393
- Blanchard, P. J., M. Ellis, C. C. Warkup, B. Hardy, J. P. Chadwick and G. A. Deans. 1999. The influence of rate of lean and fat tissue development of pork eating quality. J. Anim. Sci. 68:477-485. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1357729800050487
- Campbell, R. G. and A. C. Dunkin. 1983. The influence of dietary protein and energy intake on performance, body composition and energy utilization of pig growing from 7-19 kg. Anim. Prod. 36:185.
- Campbell, R. G., M. R. Taverner and D. M. Curic. 1988. The effects of sex and live weight on the growing pig's response to dietary protein. Anim. Prod. 46:123-130. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100003184
- Castell, A. G., R. L. Cliplef, L. M. Poste-Flynn and G. Butler. 1994. Performance, carcass and pork characteristics of castrates and gilts self-fed diets differing in protein content and lysine: energy ratio. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 74:519-528. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjas94-073
- Chiba, L. I., A. J. Lewis and E. R. Peo, Jr. 1991. Amino acid and energy interrelationships in pigs weighing 20 to 50 kilograms: I. Rate and efficiency of weight gain. J. Anim. Sci. 69:694-707. https://doi.org/10.2527/1991.692694x
- AOAC. 1995. Official Methods of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA.
- Batterham, E. S., L. M. Anderson, D. R. Baigant and E. White. 1990. Utilization of ileal digestible amino acids by growing pigs: effect of dietary lysine concentration on efficiency of lysine retention. Br. J. Nutr. 64:81-92. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19900011
- Tang, M. Y., Q. G. Ma, Z. D. Chen and C. Ji. 2007. Effects of dietary metabolizable energy and lysine on carcass characteristics and meat quality in arbor acres broilers. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 20:1865-1873. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2007.1865
- Effects of different fermented soy protein and apparent ileal digestible lysine levels on weaning pigs fed fermented soy protein-amended diets vol.83, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-0929.2011.00966.x