- Volume 31 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Design Parametric Analysis of PEM Fuel Cell and Hybrid Systems
PEM 연료전지 및 하이브리드 시스템의 설계변수 해석
- Published : 2007.05.01
Performance of PEM fuel cell systems and hybrid systems combining a PEMFC with a gas turbine have been evaluated. Two different reforming methods(steam reforming and autothermal reforming) were considered. Performances of fuel cell systems with two reforming methods were compared and effects of various design parameters on the system performance were investigated. Configurations of PEM fuel cell systems with two reforming methods have been revised to accommodate a gas turbine, resulting in PEMFC/GT hybrid systems. Performance of the hybrid systems were analyzed and compared with those of PEM systems. Influences of major design parameters on the hybrid system performance were also investigated.
- Williams, M. C., Strakey, J. and Sudoval, W., 2006, 'U.S. DOE Fossil Energy Fuel Cell Program,' Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 159, pp. 1241-1247 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.12.085
- Sopian, K. and Wan Daud, W. R., 2006, 'Challenges and Future Developments in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells,' Renewable Energy, Vol. 31, pp. 719-727 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2005.09.003
- Mehta, V. and Smith Cooper, J., 2003, 'Review and Analysis of PEM Fuel Cell Design and Manufacturing,' Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 114, pp. 32-53 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(02)00542-6
- Scholta, J., Berg, N., Wilde, P., Jorissen, L. and Garche, J., 2004, 'Development and Performance of a 10kW PEMFC Stack,' Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 127, pp. 206-212 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2003.09.040
- Jeong, Y. H. and Kim, T. S., 2002, 'Parametric Design Analysis of a Pressurized Hybrid System Combining Gas Turbine and Solid Oxide Fuel Cell,' Trans. KSME B, Vol. 26, pp. 1605-1612 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2002.26.11.1605
- Yang, W. J., Park, S. K., Kim, T. S., Kim, J. H., Sohn, J. L. and Ro, S. T., 2006, 'Design Performance Analysis of Pressurized Solid Oxide Fuel Cell/Gas Turbine Hybrid Systems Considering Temperature Constraints,' Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 160, pp. 462-473 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.01.018
- Park, S. K, Yang, W. J., Lee, J. H. and Kim, T.S., 2007, 'Comparative Thermodynamic Analysis on Design Performance Characteristics of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell / Gas Turbine Hybrid Power Systems,' J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 302-313 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02916290
- Oh, K. S. and Kim, T. S., 2006, 'Performance Analysis on Various System Layouts for the Combination of an Ambient Pressure Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell and a Gas Turbine,' Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 158, pp. 455-463 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.09.032
- Aspen Technology Incorporate, 2004, Aspenone HYSYS, ver. 2004. 02.