- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on a New SIP Presence Service using Partial Publication and Extended Call Processing Language
부분 Publication 및 확장 호처리언어를 사용한 새로운 SIP 프레즌스 서비스에 관한 연구
- Published : 2007.03.28
The presence service which provides user's presence information by subscription and notification is one of SIP(session initiation protocol) extension services, and it is used importantly in VoIP(Voice over IP) and Instant Messaging service. In this paper, we propose a new method in which users can combine and control presence service and call processing services in various ways by extending call processing language, and only changed parts of the presence information are published instead of full presence information document. Each user registers full presence information document with his own call processing script during the first publication to a presence server. The presence server executes these call processing scripts, so it can provide various services with combination of presence service and call processing services during the presence subscriptions and notifications. Afterwards, users publish only changed parts of the presence information and the presence server notify only these changed parts to watchers. Therefore the efficiency of the overall system can be improved. The performance of our proposed model is evaluated by experiments.
SIP;Presence Service;CPL(Call Processing Language);Publication
- J. Rosenberg，H. Schulzrine，G. camarillo，A Johnston, J. Peterson，R. Sparks，M. Handley and E. Schooler, "SIP: Session fuitiation Protocol", RFC 3261, June 2002.
- J. Perterson， "Common Profile for Presence (CPP)", RFC 3859， August 2004.
- M Day, J. Rosengerg and H Sugano, "A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging", RFC2778，February 2000.
- J. Lermox, Xiaotao Wu and H Schulzrinn, "CPL: A Language for User Control of Internet Telephony Service", RFC388O, October 2004.
- A Niemi, Ed.，"Session lnitiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for Event State Publication", RFC3903，October 2004.
- A B. Roach, "Session Inititation Protocol (SIP)-Specific Event Notification", RFC 3265,June 2002.
- H Sugano, S. Fujimoto, G. Klyne, A Bateman, W. Carr and J. Peterson, "Presence Inforrnation Data Forrnat (PIDF)", RFC3863, August 2004.
- M. Lonnfors， E. Leppanen, H. Khartabil and J. Urpalainen, "Presence Inforrnation Data forrnat (PIDF) Extension for Partial Presence",draft -ietf-simple-partial-pidf- format-05,October 2005.
- H. Schulzrinne，S. Casner, R. Frederick and V. Jacobson, "RTP: A Transport Real-Time Applications", RFC 3550，July 2003.