- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Feeding Levels of Microbial Fermented Soy Protein on the Growth Performance, Nutrient Digestibility and Intestinal Morphology in Weaned Piglets
- Kim, Y.G. (College of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lohakare, J.D. (College of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yun, J.H. (College of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Heo, S. (College of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Chae, B.J. (College of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2005.10.20
- Accepted : 2006.07.06
- Published : 2007.03.01
To elucidate the efficacy of different levels of microbial-fermented soy proteins (FSP) on piglet performance, a total of 240 weaned piglets (
Supported by : ARPC
- Li, D. F., J. L. Nelssen, P. G. Reddy, F. Blecha, R. D. Klemm, D. W. Giesting, J. D. Hancock, G. L. Allee and R. D. Goodband. 1991a. Measuring suitability of soybean products for earlyweaned pigs with immunological criteria. J. Anim. Sci. 69:3299-3307. https://doi.org/10.2527/1991.6983299x
- Liepens, A. and E. DeHaven. 1978. A rapid method of cell drying for scanning electron microscopy. Scanning Electron Microsc. 2:37.
- Moore, S. 1963. On the determination of cystine as cysteric acid. J. Biol. Sci. 38:235-237.
- Vente-Spreeuwenberg, M. A. M., J. M. A. J. Verdonk, J. F. J. G. Koninkx, A. C. Beynen and M. W. A. Verstegen. 2004. Dietary protein hydrolysates vs. the intact proteins do not enhance mucosal integrity and growth performance in weaned piglets. Livestock Prod. Sci. 85:151-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(03)00132-5
- Sohn, K. S., C. V. Maxwell, D. S. Buchanan and L. L. Southern. 1994. Improved soybean protein sources for early-weaned pigs: I. Effects on performance and total track amino acid digestibility. J. Anim. Sci. 72:622-630. https://doi.org/10.2527/1994.723622x
- SAS. 1985. SAS. User's Guide: Statistics, SAS Inst. Inc. Cary. NC., USA.
- Li, D. F., J. L. Nelssen, P. G. Reddy, F. Blecha, J. D. Hancock, G. L. Allee, R. D. Goodband and R. D. Klemm. 1990. Transient hypersensitivity to soybean meal in the early-weaned pig. J. Anim. Sci. 68:1790-1799. https://doi.org/10.2527/1990.6861790x
- Kelly, D., J. A. Smyth and K. J. McCracken. 1991. Digestive development in the early weaned pig. I. Effect of continuous nutrient supply on the development of the digestive tract and on changes in the digestive enzyme activity during the first week post-weaning. Br. J. Nutr. 65:169-180. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19910078
- Cera, K. R., D. C. Mahan, R. F. Cross, G. A. Reinhart and R. E. Whitmoyer. 1988. Effect of age, weaning and post weaning diet on small intestinal growth and jejunal morphology in young swine. J. Anim. Sci. 66:574-584. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1988.662574x
- Pluske, J. R., I. H. Williams and F. X. Aherne. 1996. Villous height and crypt depth in piglets in response to increases in the intake of cow's milk after weaning. Anim. Sci. 62:145-158. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1357729800014429
- Hong, K. J., C. H. Lee and S. W. Kim. 2004. Aspergillus oryzae GB-107 fermentation improves nutritional quality of food soybeans and feed soybean meals. J. Med. Food. 4:430-435.
- Gall, D. G. and M. Chung. 1982. Effect of body weight on postnatal development of the proximal small intestine of the rabbit. Biol. Neonat. 42:159. https://doi.org/10.1159/000241590
- AOAC. 1990. Official method of analysis (15th ed). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Arlington, VA.
- Yun, J. H., I. K. Kwon, J. D. Lohakare, J. Y. Choi, B. J. Chae, J. S. Yong, J. Zheng and W. T. Cho. 2005. Comparative efficacy of plant and animal protein sources on the growth performance, nutrient digestibility, morphology and caecal microbiology of the early-weaned pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 18:1285-1293. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2005.1285
- Walker, W. R., C. V. Maxwell, F. N. Owens and D. S. Buchanan. 1986. Milk versus soybean protein sources for pigs: I. Effects of performance and digestibility. J. Anim. Sci. 63:505-512. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1986.632505x
- Chae, B. J., In K. Han, J. H. Kim, C. J. Yang, J. D. Hancock, I. H. Kim and D. A. Anderson. 1999. Effects of dietary protein sources on ileal digestibility and growth performance for earlyweaned pigs. Livestock. Prod. Sci. 58:45-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(98)00184-5
- Min, B. J., J. W. Hong, O. S. Kwon, W. B. Lee, Y. C. Kim, I. H. Kim, W. T. Cho and J. H. Kim. 2004. The effect of feeding processed soy protein on the growth performance and apparent ileal digestibility in weanling pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:1271-1276. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2004.1271
- Lalles, J. P. 1993. Soy products as protein sources for preruminant and young pigs. In: Soy in Animal Nutrition (Ed. J. K. Drackley) Federation of Anim. Sci. Soc. Savoy, IL. pp. 106-125.
- Li, D. F., J. L. Nelssen, P. G. Reddy, F. Blecha, R. D. Klemm and R. D. Goodband. 1991b. Inter-relationship between hypersensitivity to soybean proteins and growth performance in early-weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 69:4062-4069. https://doi.org/10.2527/1991.69104062x
- NRC. 1998. Nutrient requirements of swine (10th Ed). National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Energy and Ileal Digestible Amino Acid Concentrations for Growing Pigs and Performance of Weanling Pigs Fed Fermented or Conventional Soybean Meal vol.27, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2013.13612
- Nutritional upgrading of various feed ingredients through co-culture solid state fermentation / Çeşitli yem içerikleri besin değerlerinin birlikte kültür katı hal fermentasyonu kullanılarak artırılması vol.41, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1515/tjb-2016-0050
- Effect of fermented biogas residue on growth performance, serum biochemical parameters, and meat quality in pigs vol.30, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.16.0777
- Effects of fermented soybean meal and specialty animal protein sources on nursery pig performance1,2 vol.88, pp.5, 2010, https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2009-2110