- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Genetic Diversity and Phylogenetic Analysis of the mtDNA D-loop Region in Tibetan Sheep
- Wang, X. (College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A & F University Yangling) ;
- Chen, H. (College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A & F University Yangling) ;
- Lei, C. Z. (College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A & F University Yangling)
- Received : 2006.01.09
- Accepted : 2006.03.30
- Published : 2007.03.01
Seventeen haplotypes were detected from the complete mitochondrial DNA control region sequences analyzed from eighty individuals of two Tibetan domestic sheep breeds. The nucleotide composition of all the sequences was 33.0% A, 29.7%T, 22.9%C and 14.4%G; G+C was 37.3%. The length of the sequences ranged from 1,107 bp to 1,259 bp. The difference between them was primarily due to 3-5 copy numbers of a 75 bp tandem repeat sequence. The NJ phylogenetic tree (the number of replications of bootstrap test is 1,000) presented three major domestic sheep lineages, which suggested that modern Tibetan sheep breeds are derived from three maternal sources.
- Li, Z. N. 1993. Breeding sheep in China. Agriculture press, Beijing, China.
- Hiendleder, S. 1998a. A low rate of replacement substitutions in two major Ovis aries mitochondrial genomes. Anim. Genet. 29:116-122. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1998.00295.x
- Hiendleder, S., K. Mainz, Y. Plante and H. Lewalski. 1998b. Analysis of mitochondrial DNA indicates that domestic sheep are derived from two different ancestral maternal sources: no evidence for contributions from urial and argali sheep. J. Hered. 89:113-120. https://doi.org/10.1093/jhered/89.2.113
- Watanabe, T., J. S. Masangkay, S. Wakana, N. Saitou and T. Tomita. 1989. Mitochondrial DNA polymorphism in native Philippine cattle based on restriction endonuclease cleavage patterns. Biochem. Genet. 27:431-438. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02399672
- Hiendleder, S., S. H. Phua and W. Hecht. 1999. A diagnostic assay discriminating between two major Ovis aries mitochondrial DNA haplogroups. Anim. Genet. 30:211-213. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1999.00455.x
- Tanaka, K., C. D. Solis, J. S. Masangkay, K. Maeda, Y. Kawamoto and T. Namikawa. 1996. Phylogenetic relationship among all living species of the genus Bubalus based on DNA sequences of the cytochrome b gene. Biochem. Genet. 34:443-452. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00570125
- Upholt, W. B. and I. B. Dawid. 1977. Mapping of mitochondrial DNA of individual sheep and goats: rapid evolution in the D loop region. Cell 11:571-583. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(77)90075-7
- Wolf, C., J. Rentsch and P. Hubner. 1999. PCR-RFLP analysis of mitochondrial DNA: a reliable method for species identification. J. Agric. Food Chem. 7:1350-1355.
- Rozas, J., J. C. Sanchez-Delbarrio, X. Messeguer and R. Rozas. 2005. DNA Sequence Polymorphism Version 4.10.1.
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritsch and T. Maniatis. 2001. Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual (third edition). Cold Spring Harbor, New York: Cold spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Guo, J., L. X. Du, Y. H. Ma, W. J. Guan, H. B. Li, Q. J. Zhao, X. Li and S. Q. Rao. 2005. A novel maternal lineage revealed in sheep (Ovis aries). Anim. Genet. 36:331-336. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2005.01310.x
- Hiendleder, S., Bernhard Kaupe, Rudolf Wassmuth and Axel Janke. 2002. Molecular analysis of wild and domestic sheep questions current nomenclature and provides evidence for domestication from two different subspecies. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B. 269:893-904 https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2002.1975
- Sasazaki, S., S. Odahara, C. Hiura, F. Mukai and Mannen, 2006. H. Mitchondrial DNA variation and genetic relationships in Japanese and Korean cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19(10):1394-1398. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1394
- Kumar, S., K. Tamura, I. B. Jakobsen and M. Nei. 2001. Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis software (Version 2.1). Bioinformatics
- Tobias Polzin and Siavash Vahdati. 2004. Network126.96.36.199. Fluxus Technology Ltd.
- Giuffra, E., J. M. H. Kijas, V. Amarger, O. Carlborg, J. T. Jeon and L. Andersson. 2000. The origin of the domestic pig: Independent domestication and subsequent introgression. Genetics. 154:1785-1791.
- Sultana, S., H. Mannen and S. Tsuji. 2003. Mitochondrial DNA diversity of Pakistani goats. Anim. Genet. 34:417-421. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0268-9146.2003.01040.x
- Hiendleder, S., W. Hecht, V. Dzapo and Wassmuth. 1991. Ovine mitochondrial DNA: restriction enzyme analysis, mapping and sequencing data. Anim. Genet. 23:151-160. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1992.tb00034.x
- Wood, N. J. and S. H. Phua. 1996. Variation in the control region sequence of the sheep mitochondrial genome. Anim. Genet. 27:25-33. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1996.tb01173.x
- DNA Markers for the Genetic Diversity in Korean Native Chicken Breeds: A Review vol.43, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2016.43.2.63