- Volume 40 Issue 3
Prior to the 1980's, reappraisal and deaccessioning were considered as an 'anti-archival' activity. Recently. however, many archivists have come to realize that a reappraisal and deaccessioning is essential to providing better access to more important records and to strengthen and refine holdings. To develop a program with strong and well-focused holding appropriate to the Purpose and environments of archives. archives have to carry out systematic and continuing Procedure to reevaluate past appraisal. This study explores the various main issues and opinions with regard to reappraisal and deaccessioning and then. suggests the reappraisal principles and deaccessioning procedures such as return of the materials to donor. transfer to more appropriate depository, destruction of the material.
- 최정태 외 엮음. 2005. ‘기록관리학 사전’. 서울: 한울 아카데미
- Benedict, Karen. 1984. ‘Invitation to a Bonfire: Reappraisal and Deaccessioning of Records as Collection Management Tools in an Archives-A Reply to Leonard Rapport.’ American Archivist. 47(1): 43-49
- Bools, Frank and Julia Young. 1991. Archival Appraisal. New York: Neal-Schuman Pub.
- Chan, May. 2004. 'Deaccessioning Archives: The Ongoing Controversy.' final term paper written for ARST 520: Selection and Acquisition of Archival Documents, School of Library, Archival & Information Studies, Univ. of British Columbia. 'online'. 'http://www.slais.ubc.ca/courses/libr559f/03-04-st1/portfolios/M-Chan/Contents/Deaccessioning%20Archives.pdf'
- Doylen, Michael. 2001. 'Experiments in Deaccessioning: Archives and On-line Auctions.' American Archivist. 64(Fall/Winter): 350-362
- Indiana State Library. 2006. Deaccessioning Policy for the Indiana State Library. 'online'. 'http://www.statelib.lib.in.us./www/isl/ldo/dp997.html
- Haas, Richard L. 1984. 'Collection Reappraisal: The Experience at the University of Cincinnati.' American Archivist. 47(1): 51-54
- National Archives of Australia(NAA). 2004b. Recordkeeping: Destruction. 'online'. 'http://www.nag.gov.au/recordkeeping/disposal/destruction.html'
- Wojcik, Caryn. 2002. 'Appraisal, Reappraisal, and Deaccessioning.' Archival Issues. 27(2): 151-160
- National Archives of Australia(NAA). 2004a. Recordkeeping: Disposal. 'online'. 'http://www.nag.gov.au/recordkeeping/disposal/disposal.html'
- 이상민. 2001. 영구보존문서의 선별과 가치평가. ‘기록보존’, 14: 87-119
- Schellenberg, Theodore. 1956. Modernn Archive: Principles and Techniques. Chicago: University of chicago Press. p.224
- Rapport, Leonard. 1981. 'No Grandfather Clause: Reappraising Accessioned Records.' American Archivist. 44(2): 143-150
- School of Library, Archival and Information Studies. The University of British Columbia. Select List of Archival Terminology. 'online' 'http://www.slais.ubc.ca/RESOURCES/students/Archival_Terminology.pdf'
- Phillips, Faye. 1984. 'Developing Collecting Policies for Manuscript Collections. American Archivist. 47(1): 30-42
- Sauer, Cynthia K. 2001. 'Doing the Best We Can? The Use of Collection Development Policies and Cooperative Collecting Activities at Manuscript Repositories.' American Archivist. 64(2): 308-349
- Ham, F. Gerald. 1993. Selecting and Appraising Archives and Manuscripts. Chicago: SAA.
- Nova Scotia Archives. 2004. Archival Reappraisal Policy. 'online'. 'http://www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/organization/au//reappraisal.pdf'
- Ham, F. Gerald. 1984. 'Archival Choices: Managing the Historical Record in an-Age of Abundance.' American Archivist. 47(1): 11-22
- Powell, Sheila. 1991. 'Archival Reappraisal: The Immigration Case Files.' Archivaria. 33(Winter): 104-116
- Dowler, Lawrence. 1984. 'Deaccessioning Collections: A New Perspective on a Continuing Controversy.' In Archival Choices: Managing Record in an Age of Abundance, ed. Nancy E. Peace, 117-132. Lexington, Massachusetts: Lexington Books
- Boles, Frank. 2005. Selecting & Appraising: Archives & Manuscripts. Cahicago: SAA.