- Volume 21 Issue 6 Serial No. 78
Analysis of Electric Shock Risk of the Human Body in Underwater
수중에서의 인체에 대한 전격위험성 분석
- Kim, Sung-Chul (Department of Safety Engineering Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Doo-Hyun (Department of Safety Engineering Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Chong-Ho (Department of Safety Engineering Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Chong-Min (Electrical Safety Research Institute KESCO)
- Published : 2006.12.31
The paper considers the electrical shock risk of the human body due to underwater leakage current in electric field. The characteristics of electric shock in fresh water due to the leakage of submerged electric facility in the bathtub in public baths were conducted. The exposed live electrode is modeled as a point source of electric current source. It is assumed that divergent monopole field exists in the vicinity of the current source, regardless of the presence of return electrode and insulating boundary. The electric potentials in the steel bathtub, Diesen and Mole and Flux3D program one are measured according to the distance from leakage source. The results show that the increased shock risk and safe distance are estimated by the bathtub of limited width and the voltage calculated on the basis of a divergent monopole field concept is compared with the measured value.
- Electrical shock safety criteria, international Symposium Electrical Shock, 1983
- 제우기술, 'http://www.jaewoo.com'
- T. Bernstein, 'Electrical Shock Hazards and Safety Standards' IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 216-222, 1991 https://doi.org/10.1109/13.85079
- J. E. Bridges, 'New Developments in Electrical Shock Safety' IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 22-25, 1994
- C. H. Lee, and A. P. S. Meliopoulus, 'Comparison of Touch and Step Voltages Between IEEE Std 80 and IEC 479-1' IEE Proceedings of Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 146, No. 6, pp. 593-601, 1999
- L. E. Virr, BSc, PhD, CEng, FIEE, 'Increased electric shock risk underwater due to electrode configuration and insulating boundaries' IEE Proceedings, Vol. 5, No. 5, 1990