- Issue nspc5
Crustacean Decapods of Jindo Island, Korea
한국 진도의 갑각십각류
- Rho Hyun Soo (School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Jung Jongwoo (School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Song Sung Joon (School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim Won (School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University)
- 노현수 (서울대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학부) ;
- 정종우 (서울대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학부) ;
- 송성준 (서울대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학부) ;
- 김원 (서울대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학부)
- Published : 2005.12.01
A taxonomic survey was carried out to see the decapod fauna of Jindo Island and its adjacent islet, Korea in June 2004. The 35 species in 13 families were identified in this study and of which 12 species of caridean shrimps in three families, one thalassinidean species, two anomuran species in one family, and two crab species in two families were newly added to the decapod faun3 of the study area. With the previously known 58 species in the Jindo Island and its adjacent islets, a total of 75 species are listed with some brief remarks. Distribution patterns of species are also discussed based on the composition of geographical distribution forms.
- Dai, A. and S. Yang, 1991. Crabs of the China Seas. China Ocean Press, Beijing, pp. 1-555.
- Kamita. TOo 1936. Nomenclature and distribution of Helice from Korea. Fisher. Korea. 133: 1-6.
- Kamita, T., 1941. Studies on the decapod crustaceans of Chosen. Part 1. Crabs. Fisher. Soc. Chosen, pp. 1289.
- Kim, H. 5., 1973. Anomura and Brachyura. Illustrated encylopedia of fauna and flora of Korea. Vol. 14.Ministryof Education, R. O. K., Samwha Publishing Co. Ltd., pp. 1-694.
- Kim, H. S., 1977. Macrura. Illustrated of fauna and flora of Korea. Vol. 19. Ministry of Education, R. O. K.,Samwha Publishing Co. Ltd., pp. 1-414.
- Kim, H. S. and D. H. Kwon, 1983. Marine invertebrate fauna in the Vicinity of Jindo Island. Report on theSurvey of Natural Environment in Korea, no 3, pp. 315-336.
- Kim, W. and H. S. Kim, 1982. Classification and geographical distribution of Korean crab (Crustcea, Decapoda,Brachyura). Proc. Call. Natur. Sci., SNU, 7(1): 133-159.
- Kim, W. and S. H. Kim, 1995. The brachyuran crabs (Crustacea: Decapoda) of Chindo Island, Korea. Korean J.Syst. Zool., 11(4): 497-508.
- Martin, J. W. and G. E. DaViS, 2001. An updated classification of the recent Crustacea. Nat. Hist. Mus. L. A.County, Science Series, 39: 1-124.
- Park, Y. C. and K. N. Han, 2000. Systematic study on four shrimps (Crustacea: Decapoda: Natantia) of SokmoChannel near Kanghwa Island, Korea. The YellowSea, 6: 12-21.
- Sakai, T., 1976. Crabs of Japan and the adjacent seas. Kodansa Ltd., pp. 1-773.
- Sakai, K. and K. Yatsuzuka, 1980. Notes on some Japanese and Chinese Helice with Helice (Helicana) n.subgen., including Helice (Heljcana) japonica n. sp. (Crustacea: Decapoda). Senckenb. Biol., 60: 393411.
- Sakai, K., 2004. Crabs of Japan. World BiodiversityDatabase CD-ROM Series.
- Yang, H. J. and A. Anker, 2003. New records of alpheid shrimps (Decapoda: Caridae: Alpheidae) from Korea.Korean J. Syst, Zool., 19(1): 1-9.