- Volume 18 Issue 5
Ghrelin is a novel growth-hormone-releasing acylated peptide, which has been purified and identified in rat stomach. In the present study, the full-length sequence of bovine ghrelin cDNA was cloned by RT-PCR. The bovine ghrelin cDNA sequence derived in the present study included a 348 bp open reading frame and a 137 bp 3'UTR. The putative amino acid sequence of bovine prepro-ghrelin consisted of 116 amino acids, which contained the 27-amino acid ghrelin. The sequence analysis of the bovine ghrelin gene revealed that an intron existed between Gln
Ghrelin;cDNA;Genomic DNA;Plasma Concentration;Cattle
- Kojima, M., H. Hosoda and K. Kangawa. 2001. Purification and distribution of ghrelin: The natural endogenous ligand for the growth hormone secretagogue receptor. Horm. Res. 56 (Suppl. 1):93-97.
- McKeown, M. 1992. Alternative mRNA splicing. Ann. Rev. Cell. Biol. 8:133-55. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.cb.08.110192.001025
- Nakazato, M., N. Murakam, Y. Date, M. Kojima, H. Matsuo, K. Kangawa and S. Matsukura. 2001. A role for ghrelin in the central regulation of feeding. Nature 409:194-198.
- Rigamonti, A. E., A. I. Pincelli, B. Corra, R. Viarengo, S. M. Bonomo, D. Galimberti, M. Scacchi, E. Scarpini, F Cavagnini and E. E. Muller. 2002. Plasma ghrelin concentrations in elderly subjects: comparison with anorexic and obese patients. J. Endocrinol. 175:R1-5.
- Sugino, T., Y. Hasegawa, Y. Kikkawa, J. Yamaura, M. Yamagishi, Y. Kurose, M. Kojima, K. Kangawa and Y. Terashima. 2002a. A transient ghrelin surge occurs just before feeding in a scheduled meal-fed sheep. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 295:255-260.
- Sugino, T., J. Yamaura, M. Yamagishi, A. Ogura, R. Hayashi, Y. Kurose, M. Kojima, K. Kangawa, Y. Hasegawa and Y. Terashima. 2002b. A transient surge of ghrelin secretion before feeding in modified by different feeding regimens in sheep.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 298:785-788.
- Tschop, M., D. L. Smiley and M. L. Heiman. 2000. Ghrelin induces adiposity in rodents. Nature 407:908-913.
- Hosoda, H., M. Kojima, H. Matsuo and K. Kangawa. 2000. Purification and characterization of rat des-Gln14-ghrelin, a second endogenous ligand for the growth hormone secretagogue receptor. J. Biol. Chem. 275:21995-22000
- Sugino, T., J. Yamaura, M. Yamagishi, Y. Kurose, M. Kojima, K. Kangawa, Y. Hasegawa and Y. Terashima. 2003. Involvement of cholinergic neurons in the regulation of the ghrelin secretory response to feeding in sheep. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 304:308-312.
- Toshinai, K., M. S. Mondal, M. Nakazato, Y. Date, N. Murakami, M. Kojima, K. Kangawa and S. Matsukura. 2001. Upregulation of ghrelin expression in the stomach upon fasting, insulin-induced hypoglycemia and leptin administration. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 281:1220-1225.
- Kojima, M., H. Hosoda, Y. Date, M. Nakazato, H. Matsuo and K. Kangawa. 1999. Ghrelin is a growth-hormone releasing acylated peptide from stomach. Nature 402:656-660.
- Hashizume, T., M. Horiuchi, N. Tate, S. Kojima, H. Hosoda and K. Kangawa. 2003. Effects of ghrelin on growth hormone secretion from cultured adenohypophysical cells in cattle. Endocrine J. 50:289-295.
- Sakata, I., T. Tanaka, M. Matsubara, M. Yamazaki, S. Tani, Y. Hayashi, K. Kangawa and T. Sakai. 2002. Postnatal changes in ghrelin mRNA expression and in ghrelin-producing cells in the rat stomach. J. Endocrinol. 174:463-471.