- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Relationship between Differential Gene Expression in Ovary and Heterosis of Egg Number Traits in a Chicken Diallel Cross
- Wang, Hui (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Sun, Dong-Xiao (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Yu, Ying (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, Dong (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Zhang, Yuan (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University)
- Received : 2004.09.22
- Accepted : 2005.01.12
- Published : 2005.06.01
In order to understand the molecular basis of chicken heterosis in reproduction traits, mRNA differential display (DDRT-PCR) methods were used to analyze the differential gene expression of ovary tissue between hybrids and their parental lines in a 4
Chickens;Egg Number Heterosis;Ovary;mRNA Differential Display;Differential Expression Patterns
- Cheng, Ninghui, J. S. Yang, Y. P. Gao, M. L. Xu and K. L. Ge. 1996. Alteration of gene expression in maize hybrid F1 and its parents. Chin. Sci. Bul. 41:451-454.
- Haberfeld, A., E. A. Dunnington, P. B. Siegel and J. Hillel. 1996. Heterosis and DNA fingerprinting in chickens. Poult. Sci. 75(8):951-953.
- Romagnoli, S., M. Maddaloni and C. Livini. 1990. Relationship between gene expression and hybrid vigor in primary root tips of young maize (Ed. L. Zea mays) plantlets. Theor. Appl. Genet. 80:767-775.
- Stuber, C. W., S. E. Lincoln, D. W. Wolff, T. Helentjaris and E. S. Lander. 1992. Identification of genetic factors contributing to heterosis in a hybrid from two elite maize inbred lines using molecular markers. Genit. 312:823-839.
- Xiong, L. Z., G. P. Yang and C. G. Xu. 1998. Relationships of differential gene expression in leaves with heterosis and heterozygosity in a rice diallel cross. Molecular Breeding 4:129-136.
- Cheng, Ninghui, Y. P. Gao, J. S. Yang and K. L. Ge. 1997. Alteration of gene expression in rice hybrid F1 and its parental seedlings. Acta Botanica Sinica. 39(4):379-382.
- Liang, P. and A. B. Pardee. 1992. Differential display of eukaryotic messenger RNA by means of the polymerase chain reaction. Sci. 257:967-971.
- Dameral, C. Y., D. Hebert and De Vienne. 1991. Is the polymorphism of protein amounts related to phenotypic variability? Theor. Appl. Genet. 82:552-560.
- Tsaftaris, S. A. 1995. Molecular aspects of heterosis in plants. Physiol. Plant. 94:362-370. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1995.tb05324.x
- Zhu, Yingguo. 2000. Biology of Cytoplasmic male sterility in rice. Wuhan University Press, China, Wuhan.
- Wu, L. M., Z. F. Ni and Z. K. Wang. 2001. Relationship between differential expression patterns of multigene families and heterosis in a wheat diallel crosses. Acta. Genetica. Sinica. 28(3):256-266.
- Tian, Zeng-Yuan and DAI Jing-Rui. 2003. Relationship between differential gene expression patterns in functional leaves of maize inbreds and hybrids at spikelet differentiation stage and heterosis. Acta Genetica Sinica. 30(2):154-162.